1x7

Warning there will be abuse in this chapter. I have marked where, and where it ends, if you want to skip it.

Rayna put on a white romper with gold buttons. She hated the loud noise of the hairdryer. She let her mother braid her hair.

Rayna pulled out some dolls. In one hand was a girl with black hair. In another hand was a girl with dark roots and hot pink hair. Rayna undressed the dolls so she could change their clothes. She put on a black turtleneck, dark blue jeans, white shoes, and a triangle necklace for the hot pink-haired girl. She played with the girl's hair until it was in a half-up half-down bun hairstyle.

For the dark-haired girl, Rayna dressed her in a white oversized sweater with a silver rose in the middle. She pulled her hair into a high ponytail. She began to play with the two dolls. Rayna soon got bored with playing dolls and grabbed a piece of paper. She held her black crayon and began to draw. She wasn't the best artist; not many four-year-olds were. Her mind seemed to drift away.

When she looked back down at her drawing, her eyes widened. She had taken out many crayons. Rayna's drawing mostly used dark, morbid colors. Much different than the one she drew yesterday. Rayna had drawn a lake. Katherine couldn't tell, guessing it was an elephant at first.

This drawing was in detail. Almost as if Rayna had taken a photograph of the scene. Many people would be proud of producing such work, but Rayna couldn't process how her little hands could make such a beautifully dark work. The use of colors was gorgeous, but the actual scene was dark. Too dark for a four-year-old. Although, Rayna was a part of the Mikaelson family. Their family had messed up, dark secrets since birth.

She walked downstairs to see her family and a curly-haired boy. She watched behind the corner as her father looked the boy up and down. Her mother sipped coffee, uninterested in the boy.

"I just want to make her happy." The boy shakily replied. Hope was chewing on her lip, and her eyes were stuck on her father. Rebekah, Rayna's aunt, had her hand supportively on Hope's shoulder. Rayna could tell the boy looked scared. He was all alone on one side. The rest of the family were sitting across from him while he sat on a white cushioned chair. Rayna wanted to know what they were doing. Rayna leaned closer, trying to hear what they were saying.

Eventually, she got tired of their arguing. She wanted to go for a run, but she didn't want to interrupt the meeting, just to ask her mother if she could go outside.

Rayna decided she might as well make herself useful. She watched as one of the servants put the laundry in the basket. An alarm rang, and the servant went into a room. Rayna could smell smoke. She worried that there was a fire. Rayna burst into the room to find the blonde servant putting a white, orange stick near the flame of her lighter. The servant sat in a chair, looking angry at the girl.

"Scram!" The servant yelled. Ranya nodded and closed the door behind her. Ranya folded the laundry for the servant since the servant didn't seem like she liked doing the laundry. Rayna put the folded clothes on their bed so they could store them in their drawer.

Rayna flopped on her bed, bored. She had folded the laundry, cleaned some mirrors, and reorganized all the toys, clothes, and accessories in her room. The meeting still wasn't done.

"Sweetheart?" Katherine asked, walking up to Rayna. Rayna opened her eyes to find Katherine looking at her. Katherine had spoken less Bulgarian.

"Is the meeting over?" Rayna asked. Katherine unbraided Rayna's hair, resulting in soft beach waves. Katherine ruffled her daughter's blonde hair.