chapter one,

Messed up hair

He laid on the concrete the snow blinding him unable to see who was on top of him, he looked over to the side but he moved his face to face him once more. His lips laid onto his. He scowled as he fell into the kiss closing his eyes feeling warmth come back to him. He realised he was dreaming as his eyes fluttered open.

"Nice of you to wake up Wyrne." he looked over to where his dormmate stood. Wyrne didn't get along with his dormmate much. Oliver Rivers, they were both Ravenclaws but Oliver was a fairly sporty Ravenclaw compared to Wyrne who'd much prefer to stick to the books. Wyrne was fairly sure that Oliver was supposed to be in Gryffindor given his cocky personality and the fact that he was failing almost half of his classes.

Wyrne hummed in response to Oliver. "Yes, shouldn't you be heading out soon?" Wyrne asked grabbing his school uniform from his closet. "Yeah, you sleep well I'm assuming?" Oliver asked looking over at Wyrne who began combing the mess of his bed hair before giving up and allowing it to stay wild.

"Yes. Do you need something?" Wyrne asked making his way to the bathroom and changing. "Yeah, how'd you know, I need you to be my partner in potions," Oliver said Wyrne scowled which meant Oliver wanted him to do all the work. He hated that Wyrne shook his head as he came out.

"No way Oliver," he said grabbing his things and leaving the dorm.
"Wyrne! Oliver, just the two I wanted to see, can you sign this petition?" A girl asked Wyrne soon identified the voice as Eliza. "Sorry, El I got somewhere to be," Wyrne said quickly walking past already knowing it was for something that he didn't care about or a class he wasn't in.

"Lovegood! Be my partner for potions?" Oliver had already asked someone else Wyrne slowed his pace down already knowing Xenophilius would agree, he was somewhat of a pushover.

"Wyrne! Do you know when Oliver will be leaving?" James asked Wyrne looked over at James Potter. "No." He said before walking past already annoyed at the boy.

Wyrne was known as Oliver Rivers roommate to the marauders which he didn't really care for except for the fact that he didn't want to associate with the boy.

He disliked the Marauders specifically the Potter he had never talked to them, just their annoying pranks and the way they disrupted classes. He hated that Wyrne hated the fact that they were perfect, the looks the hair everything they wanted was handed to them.

Professor McGonagall loved them despite their pranks and could be seen laughing at a few which angered Wyrne more. And the way Potter would flirt with Lily Evans disgusted him he wishes they would just get a room.

Wyrne finally made it to the great hall and he sat next to Sophie Adams and Rick Devins. "Jesus your hair is a mess," Sophie began fixing up his hair with her hands which Wyrne flicked away. "What's gotten you in a pissy mood?" Rick asked as he ate the mashed potatoes on his plate. "Oliver and his ragtag Gryffindors." Wyrne said Sophie and Rick snickered. "You're just jealous of him butter cake," Wyrne looked at Sophie as if that was the most offensive thing she could say. "Jealous of what?" Wyrne asked as he grabbed a piece of bacon from her plate and put it in buttered bread. "Stop stealing my food," Sophie said before grabbing more bacon from the plate. "The bacon is really good today," Wyrne muttered. "Yeah, the elves really stepped up their game," Rick said.
"Where is Alyssa?" Wyrne asked looking at Rick. Who just shrugged. "Think she's in the hospital wing, the girls said she was up all night with a cold," Rick answered. "And Reid is with his new girlfriend," Rick said pointing over towards the dark-skinned male. Sophie rolled her eyes before standing up. "They'll break up tomorrow, anyways. I Gotta go, I have to get to Transfiguration early, Mcgonagall's got a quiz for us or something? Not sure," Sophie said finishing off the last of her bacon. "Gross, I hate Transfiguration," Rick mumbled. "Yeah well, you aren't the one taking the quiz, laters," Sophie said running off.

"No one actually sits in their assigned seats anymore," Wyrne said to Rick who was complaining about having to sit next to a girl who smelled, really bad. "Just sit next to me, Slughorn mostly doesn't care," Wyrne whispers as they enter the class to see everyone chatting away as they were next to their friend Rick and Wyrne slipped into their seats in the middle while Wyrne began unpacking as Rick stared off at the back of someone's head. "She's so pretty," Rick mumbled Wyrne took a glance at who he was staring at. Dorcas Meadows Wyrne shrugged. "Yeah, I suppose," Wyrne said. "Do you think she's got a boyfriend?" Rick asked Wyrne shrugged once more unsure if she did. "I mean a girl as pretty as that gotta have a boyfriend," Rick sighed as Professor Slughorn walked in.

"Since everyone has decided to throw away the assigned seating, I will be putting it back in place. Everyone go sit next to who you're supposed to," Professor Slughorn said not many moved. Lily Evans raised her hand. "I think most of us forgot who we are supposed to sit with sir," Lily said Wyrne rolled his eyes she didn't do anything and she was already annoying him. "Right, that's fine I'll just make one right now," Slughorn said everyone in class groaned especially Oliver who was sat next to Lovegood who would've done all the work for him.

Slughorn placed everyone in their new seats and Wyrne was "lucky" enough to be sat next to James Potter with Lily Evans and Remus Lupin in front and Marlene Mckinnon and Oliver Rivers behind. Wyrne groaned at his luck.

"You get to sit with Wyrne Potter, fuck you're lucky he's smarter than your red head girlfriend," Oliver said Lily turned around her cheeks tinted pink and glared at Oliver. "I'm not his girlfriend Rivers," Lily glared. Oliver smirked as James said "yet," Wyrne rolled his eyes as he tried to pay attention to the lesson.

"Wyrne, right, do you need me to do anything?" James asked Wyrne wasn't allowing the poor potter boy to touch anything. "No, just continue talking or whatever you do best," Wyrne said James rolled his eyes at the boy. "Right," James said annoyed at Wyrne, Wyrne continued stirring as James sat bored on his stool. Before he began chatting away to Oliver.