chapter two,

Reid's Girl

"How was potions?" Sophie asked as she held her books in her hands. "The worst, guess who Slughorn put me next to, Mary Macdonald with Dorcas Meadows right in front of me, Dorcas kept turning around her pretty smile distracted me and now I've got detention with Mary Macdonald because we- well I, exploded a cauldron." Rick groaned his head in his hands Wyrne snickered and side-eyed Sophie who had the same look.

"Well, I have to sit next to Potter with Evans and Lupin in front and Rivers and Mckinnon behind," Wyrne said he didn't notice the interest Sophie gave as soon as Marlene was mentioned.

"You sit in front of Mckinnon? Marlene Mckinnon?" Sophie asked Wyrne was confused at Sophie's interest in the Mckinnon girl. "Yes?" Wyrne said a bit confused. "Right, that's cool, she's cool," Sophie said her cheeks tinted a pink colour Wyrne raised an eyebrow at this confused at Sophie's reaction.

"Right anyways, I've got quidditch practice, if we want to defeat Gryffindor we gotta put in the practice, y'know," Sophie said before sprinting off.

"Hey guys, do you know where Aly is? Feels like she's been avoiding me," Reid said swinging his arm around their shoulders. "I wonder why," Wyrne muttered. "What did you say Wyrne?" Reid asked. Alyssa had a huge crush on Reid, just like Rick, she was a hopeless romantic except that Reid saw her as a little sister whilst Rick pined on girls who didn't know he existed. Reid however, was a flirt, he flirted with anyone who had a hole. Men, women, anyone at all, even teachers. "She's just in the Hospital Wing, 'parrently had a cold all night, a bad one at that," Rick said. Rick was the nice one of the group, he didn't answer anything with a snarky attitude, no matter how easy it could be.

Rick wasn't close with Reid but he never snapped at him, well no one was close to Reid anymore, they used to all be close before 5th year, during 4th year no one knows what went wrong, except for the fact that Reid began dating and Sophie finally got into the quidditch team. Most days it just felt like it was just Rick, Wyrne and Alyssa which Wyrne never complained about. Alyssa and Rick could talk to each other for hours there was never a dull moment and Wyrne never felt excluded even if he wasn't talking much. Wyrne also enjoyed Sophie's company they would always be silent and reading when alone with her legs on top of his as she laid down near the fireplace, the only sound being the turning of pages, but when it was the four of them, it was fun, peaceful with Alyssa's heads being in the clouds, Rick falling in love with every girl that walked past, Sophie's ramblings and Wyrne listening to every word the three of them said. Wyrne was his happiest when it was the four of them but when it was the five of them Wyrne hated it, he hated the way Reid would bring his new girlfriend along making Alyssa upset, or the way he talked over Rick and made him feel bad about the words that would come out of his mouth, or the way he made fun of the way Sophie would ramble and that she shouldn't talk as much. Wyrne didn't like Reid anymore, but he didn't have the heart to ask him to leave, he wouldn't want to upset Alyssa.

"Right, well Candice and I were wondering if you lot wanted to sit with us during the quidditch match, she well, she wants to get to know my friends better and stuff like that," Reid said hopeful that they would answer with a plain old yes. Wyrne looked over to Rick who just shrugged not really caring knowing they wouldn't talk much. "I'll ask the others," Wyrne said. He wouldn't ask Alyssa knowing she would say yes. He would just get them all to sit somewhere else. Far from the lovers.

"Alyssa, you feeling better?" Rick asked as he sat across from the girl.
"Mhm!" Alyssa said with a huge smile. "Where's Reid?" She asked placing baked potato on Wyrne's plate he smiled as a thanks before grabbing the rice that was to the right of him. "I think he's with his Slytherin dorm mates," Sophie said already knowing he'd be with Candice. "Oh," Alyssa said as she poured gravy onto Wyrne's plate.