Second Chance Part 2- Katsuki Bakugo

Part 2 to my story "Second Chance."  Hope you enjoy!

____________________________________________

                The tension between the two of them was palpable. After Y/N had started at UA, courtesy of Katsuki Bakugo, the two hotheads were constantly bickering and yelling at each other. Everyone except for Y/N and Bakugo knew that the two of them were in love with each other, but both were too stubborn to admit it. So it came to small fights like the one that they were currently engaged in.

"KATSUKI! YOU'RE DEAD!"

"FOR WHAT?!" Everyone sighed in exasperation at Y/N and Bakugo, who were now nose-to-nose.

"YOU USED THE REST OF MY HOT SAUCE YOU BASTARD!"

"I BOUGHT THAT HOT SAUCE!"

"YEAH, FOR ME!"

"NO, I SAID YOU COULD HAVE SOME, NOT THAT IT WAS YOURS!" The rest of the class watched this back and forth with little interest, mostly because they couldn't hear anything else. Iida stepped in (or to the side of) the two, chopping downward with his hand frantically.

"Come on you two, we need to figure out what we're going to do for the school festival!" Y/N turned away in a huff and walked to sit next to Kirishima on the couch. Bakugo stalked over to Kirishima's other side and took a seat. The two of them sat with their backs to each other and their arms crossed for the remainder of the discussion until the concert was decided on and the class was discussing who should do what.

"I can be a backup singer. I just don't want to be the main singer. Too much attention," Y/N volunteered. Jiro nodded. Then Kirishima volunteered Bakugo for drums. Y/N couldn't take her eyes off of him until Bakugo looked at her, where she quickly turned away with a blush on her face.

"Then it's settled. Jiro will be main singer with Y/N as backup, Tokoyami and Denki on guitar, Momo on keyboard, Bakugo on drums, and Mina will lead the dance crew." Everyone nodded and began to go their separate ways. Bakugo stalked to his room while Y/N stayed in place, the blush never leaving her face.

"Bakugo looked kind of... Hot." She said quietly, thinking no one would hear. Unfortunately, the resident loudmouth, Mina, heard.

"Just admit you love him already!" Mina exclaimed in frustration. Y/N sputtered and Mina rolled her eyes before walking away and leaving Y/N to her thoughts.

A few weeks passed, and it was almost time for the school festival. The class was rehearsing when Bakugo once again improvised a long drum solo, messing up Y/N. Soon enough, they were fighting again.

"YOU NEED TO STOP THROWING IN DRUM SOLOS WHEREVER YOU WANT!"

"I CAN DO WHAT I WANT! YOU CAN'T STOP ME!"

"UGH, YOU'RE SO FRUSTRATING SOMETIMES!"

"Say what you really mean!" Mina jumped in. Without realizing what she was doing, Y/N did exactly that.

"I WANT TO BE WITH YOU!" The entire class, including Bakugo and Y/N, froze. "Shit." Y/N ran her hand through her hair.

"You want to be with me?" Bakugo asked, for once not yelling.

"Yes, stupid. I love you. I loved you from the beginning."

"You don't just feel that way because I helped you?" Y/N sighed.

"I would have felt this way even if you didn't save my life. You're loud and angry, but beneath it all you really care about your friends and this class. You're ambitious, and smart, and you even have a sense of humor when you want to. I enjoy our banter even when you're annoying the hell out of me. Taking me off the street was how it started, but I have real feelings for you." Bakugo was silent. "For once, I kind of want you to say something." The class all stared at them, but Bakugo and Y/N didn't notice them. They were too busy being focused on this moment.

"Of course I feel the same way. I just didn't think you did. So, will you be my girlfriend I guess?" Y/N snorted.

"You guess?" Her expression softened. "Yeah, I guess I will be."

"Finally!" The entire class yelled, bringing Bakugo and Y/N back to their senses.

"Now, can we get back to rehearsal?" Jiro asked impatiently. Bakugo and Y/N blushed and grinned at each other. Rehearsal continued, and Bakugo found himself thanking everything he could that he decided to help Y/N get into UA, and in the process, getting into his heart.