-School AU 2

-Tubbo is warming up to the new group and sits with them at lunch and learns more about them, later he finds himself with downtime and strays from the group only to wind up meeting a new chaotic group to hang out with for an hour, unfortunately Techno isn't very happy about this.

Ships mentioned: Brief Joke about Karl and Sapnap being together, and also a joke about Dream and Techno being a thing
Warnings: N/A

----

It was midday and Tubbo had sat through 2 more classes, only one of which did he also share with one of his new friends, George. He felt pretty happy being able to sit next to George, not even questioning why he was able to claim such a seat when classes had already been going on for three months, he just assumed they got to sit anywhere they'd like with no arrangements.

Now however was lunchtime, the perfect time for a young boy to stretch his legs and make his way out to the lunch room to enjoy a wonderful cold lunch his mother had packed for him. He loved it when his mother made a lunch especially for him, it made him feel happy, and a part of him was almost hoping to share apple slices with his new friends though he wondered if that would be too childish for such a grown up setting.

He was under the wing of George right now, an arm slung over his shoulders as he listened to boisterous laughter erupt from the other two as George told a joke. He had just met the forth of the group, a man who went by Sapnap in the little clique. He was athletically built, strong, rather handsome but he supposed he too would become handsome when he reached senior year.

"So then Sap said, 'Oh no, my sneakers!' Thank God his boyfriend Karl got him some new ones." George teased, giggling as Sapnap retorted with a common 'he's not my boyfriend' that only gets more chuckles from the blonde and George, Tubbo still hadn't caught his name yet.

Techno was a little late, and apparently always was to lunch on account of the hoard that often followed him, many of them women just looking for dates as Sapnap had put it. It made Tubbo feel a little out of place talking about girlfriends and boyfriends when the boy had hardly ever even held hands with another person but the older ones of the group seemed to be nonchalant about it. He was still pretty happy, a little buzz about him that kept him visually cheerful, just happy to already be in a group even if they were quirky.

One thing Tubbo had started to notice though was all the looks he was given in his last class, the one that he didn't share with any of his new friends. The entire time all he heard was whispers around him, swearing he caught wind of his name a few times which made him a little anxious but maybe he was just paranoid. George seemed really nice, and the blonde had helped him out with his locker, Techno helped him find his second class and saved him from an embarrassing moment, and Sapnap seemed energetic and welcoming so what was so bad about the rag tag group?

Maybe if he made a few more friends he could feel more comfortable, though he found it hard to do so when everyone seems to stare holes into him, especially this one kid his age, Tommy he think he heard, the kid seemed kind of aggressive with his staring and it made Tubbo a little anxious. Still, he had his new core group and he could settle with that should the time come, but now he had to join in before he got left behind.

"Guys?" He asks, timidly, "Is it alright if I tell a joke?"

The trio stall in their laughter, seemingly becoming intent on finding out what Tubbo had to say but holding something else behind their eyes. Tubbo presses onwards, clearing his throat as he says, "What um, what does one bee say to another bee who's misbehaving? Um.. BEE-hive, get it? Behave? Bee hive?"

He could feel his soul drown in the silence until a new hand rested on his shoulder, the pinkette had appeared and with him was a hearty little chuckle aimed at what he assumed was his joke, listening with joy and hope as Techno praises him for the well thought out bee pun. It was enough to make him smile.