1

-sorry for the short chapter it's super late where i am at and I had a long day.

 Late at night Maddie fell asleep with Elena doing research when in the wee hours of the morning, it was a crashing sound so she and Elena went to bed not thinking about it when ‘crash’. They immediately get up and slowly walk out Elena’s door to the hallway. Once they get out there they are met with a back ric holding a bowl of ice cream “Elena, Maddie” ric exclaims after jumping suddenly. “Sorry we heard something” Elena tells the man. Then their aunt Jenna comes out with his shirt on running her hands through her hair. “Sorry that was us” the strawberry blonde exclaims. She and ric look at each other before apologizing again “sorry” he says again then continues “were sorry girls we didn't think anybody was home”.

“But here you are,” their aunt says again. They try to explain themselves again making up a reason “we just went to get a snack, chunky monkey?” their history teacher holds the bowl out to them but they deny not wanting to be in this situation anymore. “Well I'm naked so i’m gonna go” Ric says and walks away. Jenna apologizes again “i’m really really sorry” “no it’s okay” Maddie was being honest though it did scare her a little. Nobody wants to see their history teacher in only underpants. 

They went back to bed and fell asleep, unaware of the warlock that was just in Elena’s room.
                                  ….
In the morning the gilberts get a knock on their front door and when Maddie opens it she is met with the faces of the Salvatore brothers. “Can we talk?” Stefan asks, in which maddie replies with “why?” Stefan Salvatore was her best friend, besides Caroline she trusted him with her life. He was also her best friend, and trusted her with his life. They both had a disliking to some of Damons actions but none the less loved him too. Maddie loved him like a sibling whereas Damon loved Maddie romantically. The first she heard of this she shut it down not wanting him to get the wrong Idea. “We went to see Katherine,” Damon responds. Maddie loved Katherine, they clicked, it was a sister bond and theirs was better than Maddie and Elena’s bond. “Come on in” Elena replies to them.

                                 ....
“You don’t believe her do you?” Elena asks, oblivious to her sister's emotions. “No of course not we just want the moonstone” Damon replies. “How do you get it?” this time maddie asked. “According to Rose’ friend slayter, there is a spell we have to break” Stefan started then Damon finished “no spell, no doppelganger sacrifice, ergo you live” Damon tells Elena with a smirk on his face. Oh how Maddie wanted to slap it off his face. 

“How do you destroy it?” Maddie asked the brothers. “By releasing it from the moonstone” Stefan sets his elbows on the counter and bends over it looking at the sisters. Elena shakes her head not entirely believing it. “How do you know this is going to even work?” she asked. Damon replies as if stating the obvious, “we have a crafty witch on our side” Maddie rolls her eyes, “ you guys disgust it with bonnie” Maddie loved bonnie they were like sisters. 

“She agreed to help us,” Stefan replied to the aggravated sisters. “It's Katherine who has the moonstone, she’s not gonna give it to you.” Elena replies trying to make a point “we're going to get it from her” Stefan, not agreeing with damons plan, says. “Well what he means to say is Maddie will prie it from her cold,dead hand.” Maddie looks at him in disbelief, “No I love katherine like a sister and I want to help but not get killed.” she bites back, stefan lets out a light chuckle. “Don't you have a sister?” he asked motioning towards Elena, who looks hurt to say the least. “I mean she’s my sister too but that's not what I mean, i’m going to take a nap” she replies, hugging Stefan who kisses the top of her head.

She proceeds to fist bump Damon who exclaims “What no kiss for me?” he asked, hand on heart. “Don’t want you to get the wrong idea. 

A/N I will write more after I get sleep but I may not go off of this stoping point because I am messing up my sleep schedule for this book just writing in general but noy publishing because I am still editing my mispelled words. I promise to write more!! I will write it when klaus is in rics body thats when she catches his attention.