Chapter 8

The Day that Wasn't
P.2

~

◇♡◇

"What are you doing?" I spoke as Five stood up walking to Dot's desk taking a red envelope.
Tucking it under his shirt.
"Trust me," I sighed and nodded, I had no choice.

"Come" he said grabbing my wrist dragging me to the bathroom.
"Woah, woah-" I exclaimed.
"Not like that you pervert" Five said as I felt my face heat up.

There were three stalls, so I went to one and so did Five, he then took the red envelope and was about to read it when the door clicked opened.

"Shit" He mumbled

"So how are your first day going" the handler spoke walking to the stall on the far right.
"Couldn't be better" Five said with a hint of sarcasm.
Then the Handler dropped her skirt and sat down on the toilet.

"Glad to hear it" she said, Five begins to tuck the envelope back under his shirt.
"I burned my rugae" the Handler spoke making me cringe.
"Ever burn your rugae?"

"The ridges on the hard palate that help pass food to the esophagus?" I said
"Exactly, Anyways Im on a liquid diet for two days hence the marathon of urination. One faulty cog, and nothing works as it should" the Handler explained ss Five looked with disinterest.

"You know, we value integrity at the office above all else. Trust is essential and that trust is.....built over time. But in the event of a breach,the Commission will act swiftly and without mercy. An efficiency Im sure both you above people can appreciate" She exited the stall, as Five fixes his tie.

"Im feeling peckish, Have you guys had your lunch?"
"Not yet" Five answered
"Great. How would you like to luch with me in my office" she offered.

"You guys can eat solid foods and I can live vicariously....through you" she said peeking at Fives stall, I expected him to say no since we had plans....
"Sounds great" My eyes widened

'What the fuck?'

================================

~

"And thats how Phil determined that archduke just had to go" said the blonde woman whilst sipper her drink.
"Care for dessert?" She offered

"I had a bad Twinkie in the apocalypse once. It kinda put me off dessert"
"Im not into sweets" both young boys answered.

"Please indulge me" she insited sliding the glass bowl filled with candy.
The young boys hesitated for a moment but then took one each unwrapping it and taking a bit.
"Whats that taste to you guys?" She said lighting her cigarette(omg I dont know what thing she originaly used)

"The 1950's?" both male answered at the same time
"Precisely right. Our clever metaphysics division concocted a way to perfectly distillban entire decade into a single candy" she explained Daniel only gave her a unamused look the same with Five.

"This one's modeled after the Fudge Mutt" she said taking one of the cadies out.
"America's favorite in 1955"
"Remarkable" Five commented.