The other side

~Hyunjin's POV~

It's been 2 years and he's finally back. Memories flashing back once the plane landed remembering the joyful and painful memories he made here. It was the same airport where he sends Chan off and also welcome him back. The same airport where Chan surprised him on his birthday. Also the same airport where Chan finally broke up with him. When Chan started to get successful Hyunjin was so so so happy because Chan was finally achieving his dreams but it was also the time Hyunjin took an interest in something. That something was dancing he found joy in it. It became another source of his happiness and he really wanted to pursue it attend classes and everything but once again gaining is losing something. He didn't want to lose time for Chan with the way things already are they barely even meet. His priority has always been Chan and only Chan then after Chan the other things come next.

Chan is always busy and if he also has a schedule they might not meet anymore and Hyunjin feared that because he was never really confident in himself. He felt as if he was no good. What does he have anyways? Good looks? He can only laugh bitterly he was insecure. Scared that Chan would find someone better. He convinced and lied to himself  building something that was made of sand. Telling himself that he has finally healed from the harsh and degrading words others threw at him before but what he actually did was just hide his true self in the dark shadows locking it up there thinking Chan would leave him if he let's it out. His first mistake. Their relationship started with fake trust or can easily be called white lies. This was the part of the story Chan failed to see. 

Then he started depending on Chan that he eventually stopped trying to heal himself and just relied on Chan to fix him. The second mistake.

Then finally the castle made of sand vanished in a snap of a finger when he saw Chan kissing someone. Yet he stayed because Chan asked him to. Once again prioritizing Chan before his own self. Another mistake.

The timing was just not on their side. He knew Chan broke up with him because Chan knew he was now the reason Hyunjin is hurting and he felt thankful because he knew he would've never broken up with Chan if it wasn't Chan who broke up with him first. He just needed space at that time. He needed time for himself. It was hard without Chan yet as time goes by he learned how to prioritize himself. He learned to love himself and eventually became independent. He became stronger as a person and then met new people that helped him rebuild himself truly and not something that was made of sand.

"Hyunnie!"  A familiar voice shouted snapping him out of his thoughts. Hearing the voice he immediately smiled.

"Minho hyung!~" Hyunjin exclaimed voice sounding very cheerful with a hint of a whine.