Ch.10 Was I Not Needed

I had a happy family, there was my dad, my mom and my sister. My mom was really nice, seemed keen on making my dad hers and endlessly flaunt it. My sister is probably my favorite. It feels weird to say since she's younger then me, but it feels like she's always there to make me feel better.

My dad on the other hand is the reason I need to feel better.

Although I knew he loved us he just seemed distant. There was a weird awkwardness between him and me. From my observations it's not just me, it was everyone else too. There probably wasn't a person alive that didn't have it. Because of that I never liked being the same as him, I didn't want to be alone in this world.

And as time went on he spent less and less time with us. Always heading to work early and coming home late. Spending barely anytime with us, only when he has too.

I could feel it, whenever he was around us and everyone, he always felt alone. I pitied him but not enough for me to make a effort to close that gap and act normal around him. I'm sure that's why he doesn't stick around too much.

He's was definitely hiding something. I could tell, somehow.

Then when I found out he was cheating on mom with his advisor I was mad.

How could you leave us like that? How could you completely ignore us and not care about us? Why did you do that?

I was just too confused. Is this why he didn't spend time with us, because he finally found someone he really loves? Does he not need us now? Then why does he tell us that he loved us?

Was he lying to me this whole time. That's what I thought. I ignored him and for days we hadn't seen him. He was no where to be found. It had been days and he didn't even ask if we were ok. Mom didn't even tell us anything, she just moped around and gave us fake smiles.

It was like what I thought was true, he didn't need us anymore.

And then one day me and Himawari came back from our walk and when we entered we heard two people talking. We thought is was dad so we rushed there but it wasn't it was Mom and the guy who stole our dad. But that's when we heard it.

"Can you talk with Naruto? I know that this hurt you." He paused. "Me and him. It's-," 

'Why is he here?' I gritted my teeth. I held Himawari back not wanting her to hear.

"Stop. This was a bad idea. Please leave." And I fully agreed with mom, he should leave! I don't want to hear the voice of the guy who took my dad.

"Listen to me! You need to talk with him, he's losing himself," He seemed like he was on the verge of tears. It was annoying. Why does he care. "He's a shell of a person, he doesn't know what to do anymore." 

Then I started to listen. As much as I hate to admit it I really care about my dad. I thought he was happy. So why is he saying otherwise.

"HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO?!" She was enraged. "You have to be kidding me!"

"Hey calm down! I know it's a really bad situation but you gotta just talk it out with him!" He tried to calm her down.

"Don't raise your voice at me in my house!" She snapped her head to him.
"If you just calm down then I wouldn't have too!"
"Don't fuck with me!"

"Hey watch your language!"
"That's rich coming from the bitch who fucked my husband!"

"Says the stalker who couldn't fuck her husband well enough to keep him!"

"You god damn whore..."

Listening to them fight made me feel mad, I think.

It was like a sinking frustrating feeling that just made my heart squeeze. Was this a heart attack? I just don't know what to do. Do I side with my mom cause yeah she got really hurt or do I care about my dad because he's hurt too. Does this mean he doesn't hate me or he actually does want me.