1.

"can you tell me about the red room, again." Said a toddler Caitlin. Her hair was messy and clothes had freshly been pressed. Her father looked at her. "Oh I don't know honey, you sure you wanna hear about this boring old story." He raise an eyebrow.

  She nodded her big curious eyes looked at her father lusting for the same story again. He picked up Caitlin and smiled. "Well once upon a time there were four kinds a being on earth Gods, animals, humans."

  "And immortals!!" She exclaimed knowing the story from the back of her hands. Her mother laughed wiping off her hands on her strawberry covered apron. "That's right." Caitlin's dad threw her up in the air and caught her.

    "The four kinds of beings praised and uplifted each other for there on strengths, gods for their knowledge, humans for their perseverance, animals for their love and kindness, and immortals for their power and unrivaled strength." Caitlin was amazed once again listening to those words as if each word came out of her father's mouth and greeted her.

    "They'd play all the time." He tapped her nose. "But one day humans got greedy and started wanting more than themselves they wanted everyone to work for their benefit." She gave a surprised look and gasped as her father sat her on his lap and attack her toes with tickles.

   A crystal formed out of the sweat out of her dad's hand.  "So the immortals created the red room for the immortals, gods and animals to stay in." Caitlin gave a worried look the crystal dance around Caitlin.

   "The immortals, gods and animals promise only when human turn away from being greedy will they come back and live in Harmony again. For many years they sat doormat waiting for humanity to turn." The crystal turned white to red. "Thus making the red room red." Caitlin's mother added.

"It's a sign of a blood promise!" Caitlin added her mother pat her head.

  "And it protected by the immortals' hearts that died at the hands of humanity."

*

*

*

*

     I woke up like any other day. The same dream from my childhood leave me puzzled. My bronze skin kissed by the sun and eyes strained from lack of actual sleep. "good morning to Our imperial Majesty, the moon of our empire." I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Someone handed me a hot damp cloth. I wiped my face with it and squinted my eyes.

   That's right im the empore's wife. know as the moon of the empire and the wife of......I slapped my face. "y-your majesty." said one of the maids. I glare at the maid. To act like I can't want to be in another life. I married my boyfriend since high school. Idealistic ideas lead to me being charmed, but this is not your i like you, you like me type of boyfriend and girlfriend since highschool story nor a "love At first sight" even though he loves to tell everyone that I know that truth.

    I got up. I was bathed and dressed. Today they decided since i'll be with "his majesty" the very imbodiment of pride, stupidity and irresoniblity I forgotten why i even stick around. I don't want power. I was in the miltery doing just fine as a commander in the naval division before my all powerful now husband decided that he wanted to be a dictator for real and acted on it. I mean i wasn't surrprised but still he actually done it and spent majority of his first three years as dictator coming up with a cure for cancer in which I lead the research.

...oh that's why i liked him.

He can have compassion ....

he's capable of something other than bloodlust and causing confusion.

After putting on a fitted gown, makeup, etc etc ETC, like i wanted to have it on at all, I walked with my appointed bodyguard i can't get rid of, to the conference room.