Notes

I opened my locker and saw a plain white envelope sitting ontop of my books. I picked it up and started to open it in. A hand wrapped around my shoulders and I moved slightly. "Hey Langa- Ohh did you get a love note?" Reki pulled the envelope out of my hands and started to walk away.

I leaned over slightly as he dragged me through the halls. "Hey, can I have that back?" I said and he flipped it towards me "Let's get some breakfast, they have free bagels since it's exam season." He set off towards the little shop just outside the school gates. He got a bagel and I sat down on the curb. I opened the note and read it carefully.

I smiled at the sweet messages and set it down as reki sat down beside me. He smiled softly and looked at the note in my hand. "So, what do you think?" I shrugged and flipped the corner over and over with my thumb. "Just some other girl. I don't really care." He smiled softly. "She put a lot more effort than the others."

I looked over at him and watched him. "Not really, she couldn't even come talk to me." I lifted up the paper. "There's not even a name." Reki giggled and ruffled my hair. "Try and find her." He stood up and waved "Bye Langa~" he ran off and I slowly walked in after him.

A few days later I opened my locker and a tiny note feel out. Reki leaned against the locker beside me and picked the fluttering note out of the air. He smiled and flipped it open. I took it from him and a pretty 'K' was written.

I set it back down and shut my locker. "Girls are so stupid." I mumbled and he looked over at me "What are you talking about? Girls are all over you. I'm surprised you're still single." I rubbed my eye "They're not that great." Reki had a smug look on his face. "Name a pretty girl in our class." I thought for a second. "Mei is kind of pretty."

Reki put his arm around my shoulder "What do you like about her?" I bit the inside of my cheek "Uh, I like her hair color." I mumbled and Reki smiled "Right? Isn't it so neat. I love the ginger color." I nodded and looked at him. "It's like yours." I said softly and Reki had a big smile "I thought so too." I let out a soft breath and he shook me slightly. "Go after her, anyone would be lucky to date you."

The next day a box was in my locker and I glanced around. 'Where's Reki?' I thought and took the top off. It was filled to the brim with notes and a few spilled out. Notebook paper, colored paper. Graph paper, half filled with math work. I glanced through it all and ever paper had to same purple pen with writing on it.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked back at Reki. He smiled shyly and I watched him curiously. He looks sick. "Do you like them?" My eyebrows scrunched together "What?" He pointed in my locker "The notes, don't you like them?" I shrugged. "Who put you up to this? Did some girl pay you to put these here?"

He shook his head and stepped closer, reaching into the box. "Langa, you're so hypocritical, you call girls stupid but you can't even see what right infront of your face." I stood to the side and picked up a few papers, unfolding them and reading through them. "Looked really cute in English today, sometimes I can tell when you get bored in that class, I wonder if you get good grades."

He read aloud and looked up at me. I shrugged "They teach it weird." Reki chuckled and flipped to a piece of graph paper, scribbled with numbers. "You changed your hair, it's shorter in the back and your roots are growing out, I'm pretty sure nobody noticed or they're all too inconsiderate to compliment you."

He set the notes in my hand and dug through the box. "Ah here it is." He smiled and pulled out a green piece of paper. He cleared his throat. "I can't..." he looked up at me "I can't wait to go to 's' with you tonight." I scratched my head and he kept looking at me "What?" I muttered and he sighed "You really are stupid." I looked at the pile of notes in my hand. "I don't un-" my mouth froze and I looked in his eyes

"It was you?" I burst out and he covered his face. "God don't say it like that." He dropped the note and it fluttered to the floor. I shuffled towards him and touched his wrist, extremely hesitant. "Do you like me?" I whispered and he nodded quickly. His hands fell and his had a red face "I really do." He looked really nervous and I wrapped my arms around him. My hand fell into place in his soft, heavy hair.

Reki hummed softly and tapped my side. "Langa, let me go." He backed away slightly and my arms fell off of his warm body. "I have to get to class." He picked up all the notes and smiled shortly at me. I smiled to myself "Um, Reki." He turned around and pressed his lips together "The reason I don't pay attention to all those girls...is...is because of you." I wiped the tip of my nose and glanced at the ground. "And um...I also can't wait to skate with you tonight."

Reki nodded and quickly walked up to me. "Bye Langa~" he said in his usual teasing tone but he leaned in and kissed the top of my forehead. "See you tonight." He waved down the hall and disappeared out the doors. I clutched the notes in my hand and tried to hid the growing smile and the blush creeping up my cheeks.