|13| - One step closer

[NEWT POV]

We all waited around for Thomas to wake up after he bloody stung himself. Emmy hadn't spoken since yesterday, and she hasn't slept either. But not even I could convince her to rest. Her hands had begun to sting small flowers together, something she does when she's nervous, or worried. She rocked herself back and forth on my lap as Thomas began to wake up.

Gally had taken over the Glade, and those who didn't want to be under his command, we're going to watch Thomas and Teresa get banished. 

"Your awake." I heard Teresa say, and I looked over to see Thomas smiling up at her.

"About time slinthead," Minho said leaning against the pit bars.

Thomas shot up from her lap, his eyes wide as he turned back to look at us. 

"What are we doing here?" He asked, realizing that he was in the pit for the third time.

"Well, after you went and stabbed yourself. Gally overtook the Glade, and you're getting banished." I quipped sending him a glare.

He nodded his head, "So what do you remember?" Chuck asked.

Thomas paused for a moment before looking up at me and Emmy.

"YN. She's alive, she made it out of the maze."

|THIRD POV|

\THE SCORCH/

"Peter step on it!" YN yelled as she stood in the car, halfway out of the sunroof. 

She pulled the trigger, firing down at a crank that had gotten a little too close to comfort. As she reloaded, the car lurched forward, going faster than before. Swerving left and right, going through wreckages of cars and small pieces of buildings. YN tightened her grip on the gun, turning her head to look at the road ahead of them.

"We aren't going to make it!" Lucy cried as they noticed the gap between the two cars was too small for the car to fit.

"FUCKING RAIL IT PETER!"

Peter stepped on the gas, hitting a few cranks as he speeds up. The cars collided with a loud screech as they passed through the other cars, finally making it to the other side of the tunnel.

Peter and YN laugh breathlessly, as Lucy slouched in her seat in exhaustion.

"Nice driving Pete!" YN called out as she lifted the gun again. 

"Thanks!" 

YN fire the gun, shooting a crank that had somehow grabbed onto the car, and began to climb it. It fell back with a bullet hole going through its skull, its body hitting the pavement with a dull thunk as the car went around a curve. 

"How far's the city now?" YN asked, looking down at the two in the front seat.

Lucy unraveled the map, glancing at any road signs that were still standing. 

"Well, we just passed through the tunnel, so I think about another day's drive? Maybe a little less than that if we don't stop and rest before that." Lucy explained looking down at the map.

"I know a few shortcuts to get there, but we should stop and rest before we actually enter the city. It's more dangerous when it's nighttime." Peter added as YN reloaded again.

YN nodded her head slowly with a hum, closing one eye as she looked through her scope. 

/THE GLADE\