2.1

The team heads to the garage to work on Vince's car and to check on their cars while Mia finishes working at the diner. As Mia is locking up, Dixie pulls up before honking her horn causing Mia to roll her eyes. Mia quickly gets into Dixie's car before they race to their house to get changed. They meet up with the team before heading to the race.

Brian shows up at the race hoping to get the chance to race Dom.
"Hold up, hold up. Look at this snowman right here, man. Sweet ride. What you running under there man?" A man asks Brian as a small crowd walks over. Brian just smirks at him. "Going to make me find out the hard way?"
"Hell yeah," Brian answers him with a smile.
"You brave. You brave. They call me Hector. I got a last name, too, but I can't pronounce it." Hector tells him causing Brian to chuckle.
"Brian Spilner," Brian introduces before the do a quick bro hug.
"Typical white-boy name. Know what I'm saying? See that over there? That's mine. My baby. I ain't cutting her loose tonight." Hector says, pointing over at his car.
"Why not?" Brian asks him curiously.
"I'm going legit, homey. Trying to get on the NIRA circuit. Heard about that?" Hector answers him.
"Hell, yeah," Brian says in agreement.
"So, what's up with you, man?" Hector asks as he leans on the hood as well.
"I'm just waiting on Toretto," Brian answers him before scanning the crowd for Dom.
"Which one?" Hector asks causing Brian to glance at him slightly confused.
"Dom," Brian answers him as he wonders if it's Dixie or Mia that race.
"Shit. Better get in line. This yours?" A man asks before Brian can ask who the other Toretto is.
"I'm standing next to it," Brian answers him with a smirk.
"That's funny. You know, Edwin happens to know a few things. And one of the things Edwin knows is: It's not how you stand by your car ...... it's how you race your car. You better learn that," Edwin explains before they hear murmurs of Dom being there. They look around before they see the teams cars. "Oh, shit. Here they come. It's on."

Once they arrive, Dixie takes a look around and easily picks Brian out in the crowd. Dixie notices Brian staring at Mia, who is right beside her, before she nudges Mia and gives her a smirk before they follow after Letty, who is heading straight to Dom.
"Rowr... I smell.." Letty sniffs the air. "skanks. Why don't you girls pack it up, before I leave tread marks on your face?" The girls quickly walk away from Dom as Dixie smirks at how territorial Letty is being.
"Letty, I was just talking," Dom tries to explain causing Dixie to shake her head and roll her eyes at her brother's cluelessness.
"Yeah. Whatever," Letty says before standing beside him.
"Okay, Hector," Dom says as the man walks over to them.
"Yeah? What's up, man?" Hector says before turning to Dixie. "How's it hanging, Dot?" Hector was like another brother to Dixie.
"Yo. What's up?" Edwin says as he walks over to them. "How we doing this tonight?"
"One race. $2,000 buy-in. Winner takes all," Dom answers as Dixie debates on if she wants to race tonight. "Hector, you're going to hold the cash."
"Why Hector?" A guy asks as he and Edwin hand their cash to Hector.
"Cause he's too slow to make away with the money," Dixie says causing the crowd to 'ohhhh' and Hector to send her a joking glare.
"Okay. Good luck, guys," Dom says as he goes to head to his car.
"Hey, wait. Hold up," Brian says as he walks up to them, peeking Dixie's interest. "I don't have any cash. But I do have the pink slip to my car."
"You just can't climb in the ring with Ali, 'cause you think you box," Jesse says causing Dixie to roll her eyes.
"He knows I can box," Brian says as he points at Vince causing Dixie to snort which causes Vince to slightly glare at her. "Check it out. It's like this. I lose, the winner takes my car. Clean and clear. But if I win, I take the cash, and I take the respect."
"Respect?" Dom asks as the crowd laughs.
"To some people, that's more important," Brian says as Dixie sees him glance at Mia, who is right beside her again, which causes Dixie to lightly nudge Mia. Brian holds back a frown because the glance was for Dixie.
"That your car?" Dom asks before they all walk over to it.
"I see a cool air intake. It's got a NOS fogger system and a T4 turbo, Dominic," Jesse lists as he looks under the hood. Dixie walks over beside him before also taking a look. "I see an AIC controller. It has direct port nitrous injection."
"Yeah. And a stand-alone fuel management system. Not a bad way to spend $10,000," Dixie says with a shrug of her shoulders before she backs up and looks at her brother.
"You see that shit? He's got enough NOS in there to blow himself up. Period," Edwin adds as he also takes a look.
"So, what do you say? Am I worthy?" Brian questions with a smile before everyone looks at Dom.
"We don't know yet. But you're in. Let's go," Dom says causing Dixie to smile before everyone heads to their cars.

Dixie let's out a laugh and shakes her head as Brian drives past the starting line beside her, having to back up. Hector gets the all clear from Leon. Hector raises his arms into the air. "Go!" Hector drops his arms before the cars are off.
"Don't make it too easy for me boys," Dixie says with a smirk as she quickly takes the lead. Brian manages to get behind Dom before hitting his NOS. Brian passes Dom before he starts to catch up to Dixie. "Not today, Buster." Dixie speeds up while Dom hits his NOS. Dom passes Brian and then Dixie, causing her to roll her eyes as she finishes second because she didn't use her NOS. The two other drivers show up but no Brian.

"Here's what you won, right here. There you go," Hector says as he hands the money and pink slip to Dom. "You were racing a bunch of skateboards besides Dot. Know what I mean?"
"My sister holds the money. Count it," Dom says as walks over to them before handing Mia the money. He then turns to Letty before picking her up. "And you're my trophy." He sets her down as Brian finally shows up.
"Was that fun?" Jesse asks as he walks over to the smoking car. The others gather around as Jesse opens the hood and smoke goes everywhere.
"What are you smiling about?" Dom asks as he notices Brian smiling and shaking his head.
"Dude. I almost had you both," Brian says pointing at Dom and Dixie causing the crowd to laugh.
"You almost had us?" Dom asks him sarcastically. "You never had us. You never had your car."
"Granny-shifting. Not double-clutching, like you should. You're lucky that 100-shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake," Dixie explains what he did wrong with a small smirk on her face.
"Almost had us?" Dom asks him again as the crowd cheers them on.
"You tell him, Dominic. Dixie. Get out of here," The crowd yells as Dom stands beside Dixie.

"Now, me, Dot, and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried. Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning," Dom says as Jesse lowers the hood of the car while the crowd cheers.
"Oh, shit! We got cops. Cops! Cops! Cops! Go!" Leon yells from where he is sitting in his car. The crowd quickly takes off running. Dixie sees Mia get into Letty's car before she gets into her own. Dixie follows after Dom while keeping her distance because of the cops. She loses Dom for a few minutes as she loses a cop. She finds Dom running on foot from a cop car before she sees a familiar green car pick Dom up. Dixie watches as Brian drives into Tran territory, knowing the night wasn't going to end well for her brother. She sees Brian's car surrounded by bikes before she finds a place to hide. About 10 minutes later she hears gun shots before the bikes drive off, then an explosion happens. Dixie starts to worry about her brother before she sees him and Brian walking down the street. Dixie drives up beside them before whistling to get their attention.
"You boys need a lift?" Dixie asks with a smirk before Dom and Brian get into the car.