Chapter one

Ahh yes, Plainview. My first day here and I can already tell shits gonna be fucking boring, my parents have already moved stuff in a while back so all we needed was to bring ourselves.

We pulled up to the house and I saw some kid next door who looked 13 playing catch with his dad looking miserable.

I got out of the car in my baggy black and red dragon shirt with some baggy cargo pants and my work boots, I grabbed my black backpack from the seat and went over to the trunk to get my skateboard.

I got my board and walked up to my yard before I heard the kid say

"Crap!"

The ball came flying over to me and I caught it midair, he had a shocked look on his face and I threw it back.

He barely caught it and walked over to me saying

"I'm so sorry, I-I can't throw that good-"

"Nah it's alright kid, so you must be one of the Heffleys?"

"Yeah, my name is Greg."

"Harris, Harris Reynolds."

I said before I heard rock music in the distance before a white van pulled up with the music coming out of it, they parked over the curb and turned off the van before coming out.

He had black messy hair and was wearing a Blink 182 shirt underneath his black flannel and some black skinny jeans with some black converse. He looked over at me and said

"Greg, why are you bothering the hot neighbor? Don't you know better?"

My jaw dropped and I said

"Oh I'm hot?"

He walked over to us with some drumstick in his hand before saying while hitting Greg's head with said stick

"I'm sorry about this dork, he's only 12 ya know."

"Damn, I thought he would be at least 13?"

Greg piped up saying

"I'm turning 13!"

"Well, close enough Greg. And you are, who?"

"Oh shit, I'm Rodrick."

"Harris."

He put out his hand and I shook his hand, he had a pretty nice grip and he let go after a second.

"You play the drums Heffley?"

"Yeah, I have a band."

"I can tell, and you used the umlaut correctly on your logo."

"Huh?"

I pointed to said van which had Löded Diper in black paint on the side of the van,

"The two dots above the 'O' is what I'm talking about, it's a German accent thing. Sorry, I point out shit like that."

"Oh yeah, it's pretty cool."

"Oh fuck, could you gimme a sec? I need to go put my guitar inside."

"Guitar? You play?"

"Yeah, um I'm a bassist."

"I totally have to see that."

I smiled and he followed me to the trunk of the car, I unlocked it and grabbed the case. I saw my dad looking through the window giving me the death stare and that made me tense up, Rodrick noticed this and nudged my shoulder which made me flinch.

"You good dude?"

"Y-Yeah, um you mind if I chill at your house for a bit?"

"That's alright, besides you have to show me your skills!"