Chapter two

I walked next door regretting what's about to happen so I took a deep breath and walked inside, the lights were off and my dad was on the couch holding one of many beer bottles before he said

"where were you."

His voice was deep and he was slurring his words heavily,

"i was over at the heffleys. you know, to introduce myself."

"are you getting an attitude with me?"

He stood up and walked over to me, he was way taller than me and he was looking down at me.

"no, i jus-"

*SMACK!*

He slapped me across my face and said

"I don't fucking care where you were, it's past curfew and you told them about me hitting you!"

"no no, i didn-"

*SMACK!*

"i don't fucking believe you, don't ever get an attitude with me again!"

My mom came out from her room and said

"James, what have I said!"

He diverted his attention to her and went over to her, I ran to my room and slammed the door before locking it. I fell onto my bed and cried my eyes out, I wish I could've stayed at the Heffley's a little bit longer. I cried for a while before I said 'fuck it.'

I grabbed my bag and my other guitar which was an acoustic before I climbed out the window, I was on the second story but there was this old treehouse that was still standing so I decided to hide out in there. I set my things down and pulled out my guitar before I played Star Shopping.

The song reminds me of when things were 'normal' again, I don't think things with ever be like that again. I heard knocking on the wood from outside so I moved the curtain that was the door and it was Rodrick,

"room for one more?"

"why not."

He came in and sat down next to me and this time he had black eyeliner on and a different shirt,

"so you wanna tell me why you're up here Heffley?"

"well i come up here to take a break from my family, what about you?"

"same deal except i wanna escape from reality, so i came up here to smoke a joint and play Star Shopping."

"lil peep fan?"

"yep, it's sad that he died."

He nodded and I continued playing for a bit before I got tired,

"you know, you can sleepover at my place if you want."

"no, i don't wanna be a bother-"

"you're not a bother to me, i just wanna make sure you're safe."

"i guess i can sleepover, lemme just grab my things from my room."

"okay."

I climbed out and jumped to my window, my door was still closed and it was quiet so I grabbed some clothes along with my weed, pills, lighter, ashtray, and my vape before I slipped them in my bag and looked out my window to see Rodrick and the bottom of my window.

"don't worry, i'll catch you."

I shook my head and said 'fuck it' before I climbed out and jumped in his arms, he caught me and had his hands around my waist. He smiled and let go after a sec before we went inside, it was around 10 at night so we had to be quiet that way no one would wake up.