Chapter 1

It was done. Everything was over.
She could not believe it. She had just broken her wedding, the following events weighing heavily on her mind.

The confrontation with Mayank, the fight, Mayank's dad getting a heart attack, everything.

This was NOT supposed to happen,

Mayanks dad had got a heart attack because of her, no not because of her, she reminded herself, because of Mayank. This was his doing. It was not her fault.

But she knew, deep down in her heart, she still blamed herself for it, only if she had acted a bit quicker... No, she needed to focus on what to do next, she couldn't dwell on the past, just as she never had. As she stood there contemplating her next move, she heard footsteps behind her.

Right, AVM. She knew he would question her, just like she seemed to know everything about him nowadays. She prepared herself for lying to, or more like hiding the truth from him. As expected, he started to question her.

"Jab baad me jaake rona hi tha to ye sab kyun kiya tumne?"

She wiped her tears and stood up, trying to get away from him. But he pulled her by the wrist effectively stopping her from going anywhere.

"Kahan jaa rahi ho?! Yahi khadi raho." He practically growled.

"AVM mujhe abhi aapse koi baat nahi karni hai."

"Baat to karni padegi tumhe Ishqi, batana padega mujhe. Tumhari wajah se aaj tumhari maasi ka sar sharm ke maare jhuk gaya, Mayank ki poori family barbaad ho gayi. Khair, tumhe jo karna tha wo tumne kar liya. Ab bata to do ye sab kiya kyun?!"

His words were boiling with barely contained fury, she chose what to say next carefully.

"Jo bhi hua, galat hua. Par maine kuch galat nahi kiya. Aap mujhe par trust kijiye."

After all that had happened between them in these few weeks, surely he wouldn't just blame her blindly, he knew her... Right?

"Trust? Jin words ka matlab nahi pata ho un words ko use mat karo. Agar tumhe is word ka matlab pata hota to Suman Aunty ka trust nahi todtin."

Ok now he was beginning to get on her nerves but it was valid she guessed, given what she had done that night.

"Bhaiya, wo-"

"Kartik, Sonu ko lekar jaa."

In all their arguing, she had not even noticed that Kartik and Sonu were standing right behind them.

"Bhaiya aap ek bar sun-"

"Kartik! Lekar ja ise yahan se."

"Sonu, chal"

Kartik tried to lead her away.

I was pretty sure that sonu wouldn't stand up for me, so it didn't really matter.

I was on my own, like always.

And not even AVM was on my side. The thought alone almost brought back tears to my eyes, but I was adamant that I would not cry again, when all he could do was accuse her.

Not in front of him. Not this time.

"Bhaiya. Meri baat suniye." Her tone was firm, leaving no room for argument. I looked at her, her face determined, her jaw set. She seemed full of a new kind of confidence. Even AVM seemed stunned. I shot her a grateful look.

"Ishqi ki koi galti nahi hai, usne shaadi todi kyunki..." She launched into an explanation which she made as concise as possible. By the end, AVM ka muh khula ka khula reh gaya tha. Kartik looked proud at her for gathering the courage to tell Ahaan something like that.

"Apna muh band kar lijiye, makkhiyan ghus jayengi. Ohh mai to bhool hi gayi, ye to ammeron wala resort hai, yahan to makkhiyan hongi hi nahin. Rakhiye rakhiye, bindaas muh khula rakhiye."

His mouth snapped shut so quickly you could hear an audible snap.

Even though she was still worried about Mayank and what he might do next, it was like ki 5 kilo- no 5 ton ka weight sar se utar gaya ho. Because now, she was 200% sure ki AVM Sonu ko hi support karenge.

"Ishqi, tum change karke aao, ham sab mere room me milte hain alright?" Said Kartik. Bless him, he and his parents were the only sane ones in his house.

"Han, mai bas 2 min me gayi or 5 min me aayi" She said snapping her fingers and leaving behind a laughing Kartik, smiling Sonu and a very confused Ahaan.

Once she was no longer in that 10 kilo ka lehenga, they all went to Kartiks room, sitting on the bed.

No one knew where to start. She nudged Sonu asking her to speak, but she shook her head, fear evident in her eyes.

"To... I guess ab mujhe hi bolna shuru karna padega."

"Han, bolengi madam ji ya aapke liye Panditji se mahurat nikalwayen?"

"Are chup, bol rahin hun na!"

I heard Kartik snickering behind me. But when I turned to glare at him, he instantly shut up and recoiled in fear.

Wow, itni daraawni hun kya mai?

"To sabse pehle..."

A/N: So there you have the first chapter! I want to mention IAdoreYouCreates and lostinwanderlust for inspiring me to write. I know this is not anywhere near the kind of masterpieces you guys write, but, well its my first time writing anything. Also, constructive criticism is highly appreciated. Please tell me whenever you find any mistakes or dont like something.