Chapter 3

When everyone was settled down and no longer crying, they began thinking of a plan to show everyone what kind of a sleaze Mayank was, while also protecting Sonu's dignity.

"We dont need a plan, abhi jaake us Mayank ko kheench ke laata hun, do teen thappad padenge to khud hi sab bo dega"

I was fuming with anger. How dare he hurt the two most important women in my life! I could go and strangle him with my bare hands right now!

"Calm down, calm down AVM. Hum aisa nahi kar sakte warna sabko pata chal jayega ki Sonu ke saath kya hua tha"

She tried to calm me down, and I instantly felt bad. Here she was putting in every ounce of effort she could, not caring how that affected her or her reputation, and I was about to ruin that with my reckless actions.

"Han bhaiya, please aisa kuch mat karna. Sarla Aunty will make my life hell. Please."

Sonu was literally begging me. And I felt even more miserable. She had found it easier to end her life than come to me with her problems. I felt as if I had failed as a brother.

"To phir hum karen kya??" Said Kartik.

"CCTV footage?" Ishqi suggested.

"It wont work, Mayank already footage delete kar chuka hai, I saw him jab mai... footage delete ho gayi hai."

"Jab aap kya? Aapko kya kaam pada CCTV footage ka?"

Ye Kartik, kabhi chup nahi reh sakta, bhale hi mai Dadi le saath gaya tha, but the real reason I agreed to it was to delete our poolside footage so no one could see it, but I did have a copy on my phone, for, you know, emergencies.

"Are Dadi ka kuch saman kho gaya tha, wahi dhoond rahe the"

I knew Kartik will not buy that lie, and by the way Ishqi was staring at me with narrowed eyes, she hadn't bought it either. Only Sonu seemed satisfied and eager to move on.

"Achcha, to sirf bar waale area or room ki footage delete hui hai na?"

"Han, but wahi to hame chahiye." I said.

"To iska matlab ki jahan par Mayank ke papa ko heart attack aaya tha waha ki to footage abhi bhi hogi na!"

"Waah Sonu! Teri jo thodi si IQ hai, wo aaj finally hamare kaam aa gayi"

"Kartik" I warned, now was not the time for silly banter.

"Han par usse kya prove ho jaayega?" Questioned Ishqi.

"Aree usse tumhara naam to clear ho jaayega! Kyunki I am sure us Mayank ne waha par bhi koi ghatiya harkat ki hogi, isse atleast sab tumhe to blame nahi karenge."

"Wah Kartik, aaj tune bhi prove kar hi diya ki tera top floor khaali nahi hai"

"Is ghar me meri to koi value hi nahi hai, bas ek Ishqi hi hai jo meri value karti hai" He said petulantly, making all of us laugh.

"Tumhare ghar me 2021 ke sirf tum hi lagte ho, baaki sab to 1921 me atke hain"

She said with a mischievous smile, making it veery clear who was 'baaki sab'

With a bit more of teasing and fun, we discussed ways of obtaining the evidence without alerting anyone, or more specifically, Mayank, late into the night. In the end it was decided that we will tell everyone except Sarla Aunty, becuase all she would do was create unnecessary drama.

Now we just had to execute our plan.