10

It's been an hour and I'm at on Calum's sofa. "Cal? Can we go to the hospital? It hurts to breathe..." his head flicks over to me. Rebecca looks up from the counter. She has a cup of tea in her hand and she's still in shock. We haven't explained everything yet. I can't...
"Yeah but what about your other scars and bruises?" He asks. He knows I don't want people knowing. "I'm clumsy? I fall a lot? They probably won't even check them." He chuckles. Ashton took Tom home so we're waiting for him to get back. Calum looks at me. I watch as his eyes sadden.

"Chris, I want you to tell me the truth

"Chris, I want you to tell me the truth...when did you last eat" I look away... tears roll down my face. "A few weeks" Cals head drops. I see Rebecca stand up straighter slowly, her mouth slightly open. She's surprised.
Cal comes to my side. "Can you eat something first... if you can't keep it down it's okay..." I look at him with tears in my eyes. I scrunch up my face, and shake my head. "I'm sorry. But for you." I look at Cal. Then I turn to Rebecca "and you..." I see a small smile appear on Rebecca's face.
"Can I have soup please?" I ask looking at Cal. He gets up and goes to the cupboard. Cal doesn't know how to cook so he grabs a tin of soup, and pours it into a source pan. 3 minutes later he holds me a bowl of soup. I smile and take it. He walks over to Rebecca and he jumps to sit on the counter. They get to talk. They talk about themselves because they don't really know each other.

 They talk about themselves because they don't really know each other

I take a few sips, I don't even eat half. I feel like I'm going to be sick. I see Calum turn to me, he has a smile on his face, but when he sees me his face drops. "Chris don't force it it's okay...you don't need to eat all of it. Eat what you can. You done?" He says. I nod. "I'm sorry..." I whisper. Again he shakes his head. "It's okay. Come on. Let's go to hospital." I nod.
As we are ready to walk out of the door, Ash walks in. "We're going to hospital okay? They probably won't keep her overnight" Cal explains, Ashton nods and makes his way into the apartment.
Calum gets in the car and me and Rebecca get into the back seats. I lay my head on her shoulder and she puts her arm around me. I begin to fall asleep.
She strokes my hair but gently shakes me awake. "Hey, we're here." I open my eyes slightly rubbing them.

We walk into the hospital and Cal talks to the receptionist. I sit nervously in the waiting room. Bec wraps her arm around my shoulder reassuring me it's okay. My brother walks back to us and kneels down in front of me. "If they ask what happened you were mugged okay. You fought back but didn't see what happened." I nod understanding what Cal has said. Rebecca nods as well.
We wait for about half an hour and Calum is annoyed. A doctor comes out. "Crystal Shear? Would you like to come on through? You guys are family? You can come through here" We get up and they begin walking. Rebecca stops as she notices I'm not beside her. "Hey it's alright, come here" she gives me a hug and then puts her hand on my back. We walk through to the wards and he opens a curtain. He gestures to get onto the bed. I do as he says and he walks away closing the curtains. Bec and Cal sit in chairs next to my bed.

I'm shaking slightly

I'm shaking slightly... but I hear their comforting words...
The doctor returns. "Okay, so not much just a few needles and oxygen. We can't really do much. You just said you can't breathe? Is that correct?" The doctor asks. I reply by nodding. He walks over to me and pulls an oxygen mask over my head. It feels better.
He looks at me as his hand hovers over my arm. I nod and he gently picks it up. "I'm going to inject you okay, I'll let you know when it will pinch. All it is is a pinch." I nod and look away. I look at Rebecca and she looks at my saddened eyes. As he injects me Bec caresses my cheek to keep my calm. My chest heaves and tears roll down my face. I don't like needles. I look over at Calum and he looks like he's about to throw up. He can't stand needles either. Seeing his face makes me chuckle slightly.
He notices I'm laughing at him and he mocks me slightly.
________________________________
Let me know what you think?