Chapter 1 | A New Day

Sunlight poured through the window and flooded the bedroom, reflecting off the grand mirror and onto the caramel carpet. The sound of the birds chirping could be heard in the distance as the everyday zephyr passed by, leaving behind the fragrance of earth and flowers. 

I made out of the voice of my ward and adoptive daughter through the sheer sleepiness ---Naru ---call out to me. She sounded upset, and I popped my head from under the sheets.

Not only did she have a look of disapproval on her face, but she was impatiently tapping her foot, waiting for an answer of some sort.

"Go away, Naru-chan. I'm trying to sleep." I groaned, rolling over and burying my face into the pillow. 

Naru folded her arms across her small chest. "Come on, Naraku! It's past sunrise! It's time for you to get up and do something!" She protested, pointing to the window where the sun was rising. "Don't you know we have things to do?"

"Then I do not care. It is time for me to sleep. Now leave, you little shit, or else I'll drag you out myself."

I heard Naru scowled. "That's not a very nice word, Baka! Don't come crawling to you when you're late for work one of these days!"

"Naru-chan, I don't work. I'm an emperor and emperors don't do work. Now I suggest you go play outside before I'll get out of the bed." I restored, pulling the covers over my head, irritated at the fact that I had awoken from my cherished slumber. My actions were answered by a sigh escaping her throat. 

"Fine." She stated bluntly, walking out the door and leaving it slightly creaked slide door.

When she was gone, I went back to sleep. Closing my eyes, I caught my last few minutes of precious sleep before I got up to go get ready. Unfortunately, I heard a loud footstep was approaching when I didn't see that coming. I heard a loud thud noise has gone silent then someone purposely jumped onto my back that made me gag for air. My eyes are gone widened as I was awoken by Naru who purposely jumped onto my back with surprise. 

"Wake up!" Naru bellowed between her waves of laughter. 

I growled at her, glaring at her with an exhausted look on my face. "Alright, I'm up, Naru-Baka!"

"Now can we do something?" Naru asked with a smirk that made me too uncomfortable. While she was giving me a cute look on her face, I couldn't help myself. 

I groaned in defeat. "Fine! We can do something!" I snapped, angrily. I simply scolded her with my index finger point. "But only if you need to stop jumping on me while I was trying to sleep in!"

"Yay!" Naru exclaimed happily. So my day started fairly normal. 

_________

I bathed and picked out an outfit that consisted of purple kimono with a light lilac jet, putting my shadowy makeups on, and hair pulled into the normal ponyatil. When I'm ready, I checked myself in the mirror and smirked evilly. I was more than satisfied with how I looked; feminine, yet fashionable and giving off a positive vibe. The kind of look I was always aiming for. 

I was enthusiastic and looking forward to today. Now all I have to do was to go through the entire day like that. 

My day is to give everyone their hellish life. 

Except for Naru. She was lucky that I cared a lot about her. But I was supposed to be evil when I never care too much. Never cared about family, friendship, and even love. I've been so evil and wanted to ruin other people's lives. 

When I met Naru, her family was killed by demons. I had brought her to my castle and treated her injuries. I acted as I cared too much about Naru since I found her and treated her. I always treated her like a father and daughter bond. 

I supposed I was Naru's owner and adoptive father. Making her a princess of the castle.