Chapter 1 - Rory's Decision

Rory exhaled as she and her mother went back home seeing all of the presents she had received from all over.
Smiling she opened the first card as she immediately recognized the hand writing silently reading it.

Happy graduation, Rory.
Hope you're well.
Good luck in Europe.
Love you.
J.

Looking at the last 2 words she opened the gift seeing that it was a book while shaking her head as she slowly started to remember what made her fall in love with Jess. Exhaling all of the memories flooded back into her mind. From the moment they met to that horrid car accident.

When she had visit him in New York and their first kiss.
When they decided to make it official. And then eventually the moment she had realized he was gone. As the tears started to burn in the back of her head she realized what she wanted was not at Yale nor was it at some place beyond Richard and Emily's wishes. What she wanted was to be with the one person she had loved.

"Mom," Rory said as Lorelai looked at her daughter.

"Yeah, Honey? Wow nice book. You've been wanting it for awhile. What's wrong?" Lorelai asked noticing the tears in her daughter's eyes.

"Maybe I need to go and figure out what I want in a different place. I can't go to Europe tomorrow. I can't," Rory said as Lorelai looked at her daughter.

"I'm going to take the money Grandpa gave me and I'm going to go and look for Jess. I love him and I don't want to be without him," Rory said.

"Okay then. I'll cancel the plane tickets and..."

"You go on your own or take a friend with. But I'm going to do something else," Rory said.

"It's not a smart idea to go after a boy. Believe me especially when you know he can't fully commit," Lorelai said.

"He doesn't feel nothing and I want to see where I can go with him. I'm doing this. I'm going to look for Jess Mariano," Rory said.