Chapter 2 - Finding Him

Sitting back in the chair she was in Rory Gilmore had no idea what to expect. She saw as all of her stuff were packed, most of them already stored away, as she was gathering her thoughts on the final few things.

"Hun, are you sure you want to do this? Going after Jess might not be the best decision," Lorelai said as Rory smiled at her mother's concern.

"Yeah I know it's risky and I might not find what I'm looking for necessarily but I know I will have peace of mind. Besides, I know exactly where to find Jess Mariano," Rory said as Lorelai exhaled handing her daughter an envelope.

"It's from me and I'm going to talk to your grandparents about transferring money into your bank account. Stay in touch kid," Lorelai said as Rory pulled her mother closer into a hug.

"I will. Somehow I have hope. Okay I better go and say goodbye to Luke before I go and do something totally crazy. Love you, Mom," Rory said as she grabbed her bags heading out of the door.

Putting it in the car Rory looked around a final time at the house before she climbed in driving to the diner. Feeling how she felt the first time when she came there made her feel like she was doing the right thing.

Rory looked at her car fully packed car as she just exhaled. She shook her head as she watched at the very last few moments of her time in Stars Hollow. She smiled as she walked into Luke's when she saw the man who was like her father.

"Hey, Luke," Rory said as Luke looked at her.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be on your way to Europe," Luke said as Rory shook her head and gave Luke the letter she got from Jess.

"You're going after him, aren't you?" Luke said as Rory had nodded.

"I am, but first I need a takeaway coffee and cheese burger please. Also a few minutes to say goodbye," Rory said as Luke looked at her.

"Coffee I will get you. Caesar, one cheese burger, takeaway. Do you know where you can find him? Or maybe where your first stop is?" he asked as he gave Rory her coffee.

"That..." Rory said as she got her purse out to pay.

"My mother doesn't even know about," Rory said paying.

"Okay good luck with your journey," Luke said as he hugged Rory before receiving her food.

"Thanks. And take care of Mom," Rory said as she left the diner.

Stepping back into her car she exhaled taking one last good look at Stars Hollow as she drove. Seeing as she past the sign she smiled turning on the radio.

"What! How on earth could you allow the 19-year-old Rory to go wherever this kid is?" Emily asked as Lorelai exhaled.

"Mom she wanted to go, I couldn't talk her out if it even if I tried how hard and she's above the age of 18 so she can do whatever she wants. Now, Dad. I know you don't like this anymore than Mom but Rory will need money to survive. I don't expect if from you but it will be nice knowing she wouldn't need to worry about money," Lorelai said.

"Under no circumstances," Emily said.

"Without any problem, Lorelai. She is my granddaughter and immediately will I transfer some money over to her account. Consider it done and Emily, remember when Trix wasn't for this marriage but she made a compromise? Now we need to do the same with Rory. How did she fit all her stuff in the car?" Richard asked.

"She didn't. She took a suitcase, a backpack and her handbag. Lightest traveler known to woman. She only took three books as well excluding a map of America, the USA, the UK and even Canada if she needs to plus her emergency phone book with every number known to man which she may need and she also has cash on her for now. Thank you, Dad. I need to get going," Lorelai said.