Chapter 22- The Sorceress

"Why do you both look so shocked? Did you expect some old Hag with witch potions, doing hocus pocus?", She asked.

Connor and I looked at each other and then back at her and nodded.

"God! I'm a Sorceress not some fairytale witch. I am indeed centuries old but doesn't mean I have to keep an old appearance. I'm ageless, child.", she continued.

"You know, I have been waiting so long to meet you. It was always your destiny to come to me, otherwise why do you think I would've let your friend here, find me", she added.

"Ok. Then you probably know who I am and why I am here.", I replied.

She nodded and said, "But first let me introduce myself. I'm Sorceress Azireah, and I was the one who had informed your ancestor of the Prophecy, centuries ago."

"The only ancestor I know of, is the one who I need to destroy.", I replied.

"Child, You are not only the descendants of the evil Kirigan, but also a blessed Esarosa.", she replied.

"Yeah, right. Esarosa's are all related so obviously I would have an Esarosa somewhere in my ancestry", I spoke.

She shook her head.

"No, not just because of that. Did your family never tell you about their history? Or who they descended from?", she asked.

"Well I have some really completely different bloodlines so please forgive me for not knowing all of the history", I replied.

"Hmm..", she nodded, while in deep thought.

"Then for now all you need to know is that your paternal grandfather's family was indeed descended from Kirigan but was also descended from the most powerful Esarosa to ever exist, the same one who imprisoned the Madmen.", she explained.

"Remember Kirigan would have hatred for your kin because of the actions of his brother who betrayed him and turned against him in the war.
And his Mate who fought against him as well.", she continued.

I was shocked hearing this.

"What???! His own brother and mate turned against him? But then again he was evil, so wouldn't it be right for them to stand against him?", Connor asked.

"Not everything is simply black or white in the world. Similarly, not everyone is evil incarnate without a reason.", she answered.

"Also if he's so evil then why would there exist a possibility of you siding with him?", she asked, while raising one eyebrow.

"Uh....I... I don't know...", I replied confused and speechless.

"We'll talk about all that some other day. Now come follow me, you do need the answer for the reason you came looking for me right?", she asked as she walked ahead to another room and opened a door for me.

I nodded and followed her inside but when Connor followed me to the door, she held her hand out in a stop sign.

"No, just us girls are invited. You wait outside and make yourself comfortable. Coffee is ready in the kitchen, grab one and wait here.", she instructed him and then shut the door.

The room I entered was pitch dark. I couldn't even see the floor beneath me but she held my hand and guided me to the middle. However when I looked around it felt as if we were no longer in some room but rather the endless night sky or galaxy perhaps.

 However when I looked around it felt as if we were no longer in some room but rather the endless night sky or galaxy perhaps