Chapter 28- Meeting the Necromancers

We both quickly stopped and pulled back. Xander put my feet back on the ground and we both ran towards the source of the scream.

Shockingly it came from Ryan's bedroom. I ran past Xander, inside the room. As soon as I entered, the door slammed shut behind me. I turned around and tried to open it again but to no avail while Xander slammed his fist on the door but it wouldn't bulge.

"Tsk... I was wondering when will you wake up and lucky me, I finally found you.", Someone spoke behind me.

Wtf? I quickly turned around to see a really handsome man, probably in his 30's standing a few steps away from me, with his arm wrapped around Diana's neck. He was wearing black jeans and had a black cape on top of it.

Apparently he wasn't wearing any shirt, hence his chest was on full display

Apparently he wasn't wearing any shirt, hence his chest was on full display. What the hell, if he wasn't the enemy I swear I'd be completely smitten right now. But something caught my attention. There was a tattoo of a circle on his chest, which seemed oddly familiar. It took me a minute to realize what it was.

"The Necromancer's mark!", I accidentally spoke out loud.

"Surprisingly you do recognize it. Not bad. So what I've heard about you isn't completely fake. You do know an awful lot of the so called forbidden magic, since I've heard you used it from my friends.", He replied.

I looked at Diana to see if I could find a way to get her out of his grip but Diana seemed to be in some sort of daze. I looked down at her arm and saw blood running down from her arm.

"Though I should say, the magic, I heard you used reminded of someone I once knew. ", he continued. Even though he was looking at me while speaking, his eyes seemed to be lost in a distant memory.

As soon as I noticed his attention being diverted I lunged at him. But he disappeared right at that moment and reappeared to my left, next to the open balcony.

"Didn't anyone teach you it's unruly of a female to pounce on a truly handsome man?", he replied while feigning shame.

"What the? Seriously, are you for real?", I replied in a shocked and irritated tone.

"Oh I assure darlin', I'm very real and not your wildest fantasy ", he replied.

"Wtf?! Just shut up and let go of her!", I shouted in irritation.

Honestly I was more pissed at his cockiness than being angry. Seriously, I wonder how the fuck did he become one of the great Necromancer.

"Oh you jumped at me for her? Apologies for misunderstanding you.", he spoke.

Then he removed his arm around Diana and took a step back.

"By all means, here you go. She's all yours. Anyways I already got what I came here for. ", he continued.

I carefully walked ahead and caught Diana's hand and pulled her towards me. She stumbled at me and I caught her in her arms, giving her support to stand as she seemed to weak to stand on her own.