Sunmer Picnic

It was a hot summers day in England and the students of Rosewood were relaxing in their dorms. Ellie and Lottie were very bored after just finishing their SATs and were looking for something to do to distract themselves from the swealtering heat. Lottie, as usual, was studying for her next test while Ellie was hanging upside down, earphones in and listening to her favourite music.
"We should do something." Ellie said, pulling out her earphones.
"Like what?" questioned Lottie looking up from her work for a moment, before going back to it.
"Like... Having a picnic!?"
"But, how would we get food?"
Ellie smirked with a usual mischevious glint in her eyes.
                          *
"This is a bad idea Ellie, you know we shouldn't be here!" hissed Lottie, though she was dying for a distracrion from the hot weather.
"It's fine, don't worry" replied Ellie casually as she reached up for the lemonade pitcher on the top shelf of the fridge. Together they grabbed some sandwiches, cakes and other delicious snacks and put the food in a small woven basket and off they went to the Rose Wood.
                           *
The light beamed in through the gaps in the lush green trees and there was a distinct smell of freshly cut grass and flowers. Ellie could see Lottie smiling, her cheeks flushed with the heat, at the thriving nature as they looked for a cool place to sit. As they emerged through the barrier of trees that made up the barrier of the Rose Wood, they saw a spot in the shade under Lilliana's tree and they spread out the red and white chequed blanket. After setting out the sandwhiches and cakes, they lay down and gazed up at the canopy of trees, breathing in the fresh summer air.
                          *
Licking her sticky fingers, Lottie rested her head on Ellie's lap, her rosy cheeks speckled with gold freckles, and closed her eyes. Ellie watched her long eyelashes flutter, she was definately in a deep sleep. Leaning her head against the cold bark of Lilliana's tree, letting herself drift off into a deep sleep...

We hope you enjoyed our first project together! We will be trying to post daily.  💕✨
-Written by GH
-Edited by OB