New Years

Lottie's POV-

   I raced up the stairs, trying not to fall and burst through the doors to the balcony. After I caught my breath I looked up and to my surprise I saw Ellie, her arms resting on the steel railing. She sat, breathing in the air. 

  'Hey Lottie' She said, not even needing to turn around.

  'I'm sorry, I just came up here because it was really crowded in the party, I can go back if you want?' I said apologetically. 

 'No. Stay please'

I wandered over and sat on the ledge timidly, it was a long long way down. I glanced at Ellie, her wild hair being blown by the wind. She was gazing at the fireworks, bright bursts of colour in the inky night sky.

 I leaned my head on her shoulder gently, moving closer to her. I felt her warm breath on my face as she smiled down at me. A fresh breeze blew my hair around, making me shudder. 

'Here' whispered Ellie softly, taking her sweater off and handing it me. 

I put it on, thanking her. She wrapped her arm around me and I felt my cheeks grow hot. We sat together for what felt like a lifetime, just us, no secrets, no mysteries and no Levethian. It felt like our problems no longer existed, we were finally happy... it didn't last long..