Chapter 1

After our kiss, we stared at each other for a minute. I grabbed both of her hands. Her soft, loving hands. Lucky turned to the side to see the fireworks. It sparkled in her eyes. We were both caught in awe.

"Uhmmm... Lucky? Javier?"

We both turned around unlocking our hands.

"Hey Lucky, not to interrupt but you said something about not losing on your revolutions and well....It's okay!" Turo, Lucky's friend said.

"Turro, that wasn't totally meant for you. Thanks for helping me but... I was talking to Javier."

Coming behind was Pru and Abigail running towards Turo.

"NO TURRO!" Abigail said.

"I'm sorry guys... we tried to stop him!"

Pru took Turro and Abigail's hand and left with them mumbling.

"What was that all about?" Fortuna said to me.

Honestly, I had no idea. Turro still thought it was meant for him? I just laughed it off instead. I was really sad at the end of the fireworks. Everyone scattered around and eventually away. I knew that I would be leaving. I knew that I would have to be leaving for a whole year... except for holidays. Of course, my padre (dad) would want me to perform on the holidays for extra money.

Me and Fortuna glanced at each other quickly. I felt bad leaving right the next morning. I'm taking the 8:00 train. Then, is when I will glance at miradero for the last time and say 'goodbye'. But I just couldn't let Fortuna down. If I told her now, she would be so upset. I didn't know how to tell her.

'I have to keep this to myself' I thought.

"I'm sorry Javier but I better go home now. It's getting late." Fortuna said to me.

"Okay, Fortuna. Buenas noches"

Fortuna ran to get Spirit which was near her friends' horses Chicalinda, Boomerang, and even near Hatcheta. I noticed that Spirit was a loco horse. Spirit was wild, just like Lucky. Spirit took off as fast as a train to get Lucky safely home.

***

Next Day

I arrived at the train station. I never told her. But I did it. I didn't want to surprise her but yet, I did. Next thing I remember is hearing Spirit and Lucky.

"Hey!" Fortuna yelled at me.

"Why would you leave like that? You didn't even tell me! Pru and Abigail had to tell me after they found out from Mr. Granger. You could have at least told somebody!"

"Fortuna, I didn't want to worry you. Last night... you were having a good time and I didn't want to ruin anything. I didn't want you to be sad. I thought it was best you didn't know right away."

"Well, will you at least tell me when you'll be back? Or where your going?"

"I'll only be able to visit on Holidays to perform. I'm going to Silver Creek."

"I can't believe you have to go! If you told me earlier then..."

Then the train whistle blew.

"I have to leave. I'm sorry Fortuna"

I gave her one last hug goodbye and stepped onto the train. And like I said before that was the last time I'd glance at miradero until Valentine's day, the season changing.....

I didn't want to leave but I had to. I hope Fortuna won't be mad at me for the rest of her life. Hopefully, she'll forgive me and we can do more things together. I couldn't wait to see her again.

The train was just starting to move and Fortuna hoped on Spirit and started running at the speed of the train. It was like she was trying to give me something.

Dad sat up looking at me looking at the window.

"Hijo, ¿qué pasa?" My dad said.

"Padre, there's this Chica loca Named Lucky and I agreed to be her trainer. I like Maradaro. I don't want to licencia!"

"¡HIJO! ¡¿A USTED NO LE GUSTA ?! Te dije que NUNCA des tu corazón."

My dad was talking about me liking Fortuna. Of course I would never tell him. My career would be over and I could never go back to miradero!

"Nunca papá. ¿Por qué piensas eso?"

I told my father that I didn't give my heart of anything.

"Bueno, let me talk to los miembros de la tripulación".

While my father walked off, talking to all of the crew members, that gave me a chance to go to the back of the train and see Fortuna. I ran to the back and pushed the door open immediately. I saw Fortuna and Spirit. Fortuna had a small gift in her hand. She saw me and Spirit got closer. Luck stood on Spirit's back. Woah! I 'm thinking that maybe I need training from this chica loca!

"Javier!" Lucky yelled happily.

She jumped. She pushed off of Spirit. It was a long distance... but she did it. She almost fell. I catched her hand and she was safe. It looked like very slow motion in my brain. I pulled her up. Talk about living up to the name 'loca'.

When she stood up, I kissed her. I held her head tight and kissed her. It lasted more than the first time. It was...... About 9 seconds this time. ¡DIOS MÍO! Sus labios eran tan suaves y- bueno ... ¡ya entiendes!

When our lips parted she looked surprised. She started blushing.

"Um... This is for you Javier. I'm going to miss you" Fortuna said, handing me the nicely gifted present.

"Fortuna I- I- you-" I stuttered

"I better go Javier."

"Yeah, I guess it is best before... mi papá explota!"

Lucky chuckled.

"¡Adiós Javier!" Fortuna said as she jumped back on Spirit.

'¡Guau! ¡La loca que amo es feroz! Espero volver a verla ... ¡la amo! ¡Igual de feroz y salvaje ...!' I said to myself.

Hopefully... I'll see Fortuna again...

But, right now, I have something I need to open.....

Author's Note: 

How did I do?