n i n e | memories of you

LAYING ON THE bed of my room, I stared up at the ceiling, lifting my index finger up to follow the pattern, presenting swirls

After getting here, I decided that I would wash my hair, I wasn't in the mood for a night swim anymore. I was too focused on Ace, how he had just snapped his fingers and displayed a cold demeanour.

Three small knocks were thrown against my door, snapping me out of my thoughts and placing my index finger down.

Throwing my legs off the edge of the bed, groaning, I dragged my feet towards the door and twisted the knob, revealing a half naked Ace Valentino.

"You haven't talked since the morning." He spoke, his voice had a hint of regret. "What's wrong?"

"Why do you care?" I spoke defensively, crossing my arms underneath my chest and grabbing onto my biceps. "Why are you even here?"

"I don't care about it. I just wanted to check up on you." He grabbed ahold of the top of the doorframe with both hands, bringing his face closer to mine. "Haven't you heard? Messed up our rooms and cabins as a whole, so we have to share one."

"You're rich, pay someone to get out of theirs." I scoffed, watching his grin spread.

"It's June Charatan, I doubt anyone would want to leave an incredible cabin for what? A few hundred dollars?" He whispered, his breath hitting my lips.

"I'm talking thousands." I responded bluntly, boring my eyes into his. "We aren't sharing a cabin." I smiled sarcastically, pressing my lips into a thin line.

"We've shared a room together, twice actually." He brought up, taking a step closer to me. "I'm sure we can do it again."

"What the fuck are you talking about sharing a room?" I contorted my face into confusion, drumming my index finger against my bicep. "We aren't sharing a cabin, and we most certainly aren't sharing a room. So if you can turn around and walk and sleep somewhere else, I would gladly appreciate that." I spoke, turning my body around.

"I'm talking about you and I, sharing a bed for two weeks." He whispered in my ear, his chin brushing against my shoulder.

I felt my heart begin to beat faster as his finger moved a lock of stray hair behind my ear, the tip of his nose slowly ran down the side of my face. My cheeks began to heat up, staining itself a rose colour.

"We aren't sharing a bed." I spoke, taking my hands off my biceps and reached for the doorknob inside my room, before his hand clasped over mine.