s e v e n t e e n | the book you gave

- AUDENZIA'S DREAM - (content warning - attempted suicide)

(content warning - attempted suicide)

SITTING ON MY window seat, I began to sketch the small rays of light projecting off my window, down to the small assortment of fake succulents I had placed there years before.

Taking in a large breath, I released it, the pencils that I had placed on the side of my body had slightly rolled over, hitting the window itself.

My eyes landed onto the small black notebook I had bought only a few hours ago to give to Ace. He doesn't have a way of expressing his feelings without harming his body.

So I bought a new notebook for him. So that he can freely express his feelings without having to harm himself, he's slowly killing himself; and he deserves better.

Reaching over and running my finger over the spine of the hardcover, the pitch black cover had a similar hue of his hair, leaving me there to remember his face. The way his eyes bore into mine whenever he talked to me.

"Where have you been, Valentino?" I whispered to myself, bringing the book closer to my chest and holding onto it as I watched the sun slowly set.

I haven't seen Ace in a week; he's not been at school either. I didn't think anything of it at first, but then I found myself waiting outside the main entrance longer than I usually would, just to catch a glimpse of him.

But he's not there anymore.

I've even asked around the coaches of the teams we have in place at the school to see whether he was okay or not. They all just replied with the same thing; "Miss, I'm sorry but we don't know where he is at the moment."

I couldn't ask around when students were near, the gossip that spreads around Blackvord travels faster than anything I've ever seen. Gossip and STD's travel just as fast as one another, let's say I were to compare it to an actual calculated speed.

The speed of light.

If my parents were to get ahold of any sort of information of Ace and I talking, as friends, to one another, they'd either take it incredibly hard or make a massive deal out of something that isn't theirs to choose.

So I waited. I waited for him after school, before school, even after the boxing clubs he attended. He just wasn't there anymore. Like he had vanished.

I don't care about him, you can say, I want to know where he is and if he's doing alright. I know that he runs the Valentino Cooperation alongside his father, but sometimes he doesn't catch a break when he needs it.

Even after dark, I snuck out of my window every night for three, just hoping he'd be there. He wouldn't have to talk to me necessarily, I just wanted to make sure he was alive. And well.

Opening up the black notebook, I let my finger skin the front page, clasping over the place where you should write who this book belongs too.

Picking up my pencil, I debated writing anything inside there, like a message from him. With shaking hands, I began to write a small note at the top left corner of the page, before inspecting it.