Training

A/N: For those of you who were kind enough to leave three votes, thank you so much.  The may not seem like very much but it made my day.  Thank you so much.

I wake up the next morning to Stacy Bridgeton standing over me. "Up, Up!!! Get dressed you have to get to training," she says and storms out the door.

I sigh and roll out of bed. The clock reads 9:30am. Training starts at ten. I see there are already clothes set out for me. There is a black shirt with a red stripe on the arm. It has the number 4 stitched in both of the sleeves to represent my district. The pants are black with a red stripe down the sides. There are black lace up combat boots.

I pull on the shirt and zip up the zipper on the chest. It clings to my skin and is a very thin material. The pants are comfortable, but a little too tight for my taste. The boots are the perfect fit and are very comfortable.

I walk over to the mirror and the outfit actually looks good on me. I pull my hair up into a high ponytail and wrap a black bandana around my head.

I walk out the door and head over to Brady's room. I knock on the door and Brady walks out. He is wearing an identical outfit as me. He gives me his crooked smile and holds his arms out. He must know how nervous I am. I don't hesitate to run into his arms. I feel like nothing can hurt me when I'm in his arms.

We walk down the hall and grab a piece of toast to eat on our way to training. Tiana approaches us with her hands on her hips.

"You two are late! We have to go get you to training. It starts in ten minutes!" Tiana says to us angrily.

Brady and I head down to training with an angry Tiana Richards. It's very uncomfortable. I will make sure I am never late again.

When we arrive at training Tiana Richards tells us to go inside, we do not hesitate in fear we will make her angry again. We enter the room and see only a few tributes are there. There are the tributes from 1, 2, 3, 7, 11, and 12. I see the next available spot to stand is by the tributes from 1 and 2. The two tributes from District 2 are standing next to each other scanning all of the other tributes. The girl from District 1, Glimmer, was standing by the mysterious boy from District 1, her skinny arms wrapped around his muscular one.

I walk over and stand by the boy from District 1. Brady goes and makes a conversation with the tributes from 3. We agreed to try to get on the other's good side.

An Avox comes over and pins the letter 4 to my back. Glimmer grabs the boys arm harder as if she's jealous that I'm here. I see the tributes from District 2 look at me. I stand there like I'm one of them. The girl from District 2 looks impressed.

The other tributes slowly trickle in. So much for being late. When it's exactly 10 o'clock the head trainer enters the circle. She is a tall and athletic woman named Atala.

"In two weeks 23 of you will be dead. One will be alive," she begins. I grimace at the thought. The boy from 1 smirks at me. Atala continues, "Experts in each skill will remain at their stations. You will be free to travel from station to station as you choose. Some teach you survival skills, others are fighting techniques. You are forbidden to engage in any combative exercise with another tribute. You'll have plenty of time for that in the arena."

While Atala reads the list of skill stations, my eyes can't help but look at the other tributes. It's the first time all of us were together on level floor and wearing simple clothes. My heart stops. All the boys and at least half the girls are bigger than me, even though most of them have never been fed properly. I can see it in their bones, their skin, the hollow look in their eyes.