Chapter14- The Feast

I get to his side the second the arrow sinks into his flesh, right in his chest. I sink to my knees crying as I take the arrow out. "I'm sorry. I failed you. You said you couldn't lose another friend and now I'm leaving," he murmures.

"Oh, Marvel, don't give up. Don't give up on me!" I frantically grab nearby leaves to cover the wound, applying pressure. If only I could get him back to camp.....

Rue's cannon just went off. "How could you do this ," I yell, jumping up and running at Katniss. "He's my friend!"

She had buried Rue with flowers. "And she was mine," is all she says before she runs off.

"Aaliya," Marvel murmurs. "What's that?"

Sure enough a tiny container with a parachute had landed at his feet. I race over frantically opening the container to find it full of a type of gel and a note.

"Aaliya...."

"Shh Marvel. Save your energy. I have medicine. Just stay still....."

I quickly spread the gel on his wound and he winces in pain. This medicine should work, but I still need to get him back to camp. And I can't leave him here alone...

"Aaliya....The others..."

"I know, I know!"

"Chill Aaliya.."

"I'm sorry Marvel. I just, I don't know what to do anymore. I gave you the meds but you're still not in good health, we have to get you back to camp. I can't just leave you though, something bad could happen," I sigh, sinking to my knees beside him.

"I'll be fine. Just...." Marvel's eyes shut and cut him off. I sigh, sitting down beside him. What should I do? All my worries are answered when I hear a small voice behind me.

"Aaliya?" I turn fast and see Clove running into the clearing. "Oh my god! Is that Marvel? Was he shot? Why are his eyes closed? Oh my god, Aaliya, is he dead?"

"Clove thank god. He's fine I think." Clove comes over next to me and I tell her everything.

"So if he got the medicine," she says after I finish telling her, "Then why can't he just walk back to camp?"

"Because the medicine doesn't work that fast."

"Right..." she says with a long sigh. So we sit there waiting for Marvel to wake up so we can come up with a plan.

The anthem begins to play a couple hours later. Ian's face appears, then Rue's. "At least Cato will know we survived."

"That's good. Hopefully he'll know to stay put," I say.

A couple hours later Clove and I have dozed off, and Marvel had woken up. "Aaliya?"

I open my eyes fast, not realizing who was talking, and grab my trident. "It's just me."

"Oh Marvel you're up. I thought it was someone like Katniss. I'll wake up Clove."

"Clove?"

"Yes, me. I'm up." Clove sits up rubbing her eyes. "Marvel, how are you? Any better?"

"Not sure. I feel better. Maybe Aaliya should check." So I lean over and examine the wound the best I can in the dark.

"Wow, It looks really good. I wonder how it healed so fast."

"Capital magic," Clove says. "Marvel, do you think you could walk?"

"Ye-"

"No he can't," I say, interrupting him.