𝟔| 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

-𝐇𝐄𝐑-

"If I wished, you'd have been dead the instant I laid my eyes on you," His words sent a shiver down my spine but I didn't move. Just yet.

That was the truth. No one could argue with that but there was no way I was going to keep quiet. I wanted answers and maybe some assurance too. Though I wasn't sure how effective the latter would be.

"I don't trust you," I told him, holding his gaze fiercely. Looking into his dark eyes felt similar to gazing at a starless and moonless night sky. Completely dark but hiding so many things in the darkness, in that unfathomable depth which draws you in inevitably.

You can't help but imagine what lurks in that darkness. I'm generally the kind to be scared of darkness but this darkness, it was something that didn't scare me. It made me want to get lost in it.

In response to my declaration, he cocked one of his perfect eyebrows slightly, and with that, the intensity in his gaze heightened.

"I saved you. That should be enough to put some trust in me," He suggested.

"Thank you for that but I am being kept here against my will with the people I know nothing about. I feel like a prisoner," I told him grimly, holding his gaze adamantly.

His eyes burned into me even more, "Then be it. You're my prisoner and my guest," The darkness in his voice grew darker as he spoke, sending a shiver down my spine.

I had heard about him. I knew the kind of man he was but now, I was getting to deal with him first hand was just something else. It felt overwhelming for once. I was speechless. His eyes lingered on me for a second longer before he stepped past me and entered the room.

"This is a decent place for your stay," He told me, motioning me to step inside the room. I followed him into the room but my eyes were only on him.

"How long would I be here?" I asked him. At this, he froze and turned to look at me.

"I'm afraid you'd be spending quite some time here," He returned. I narrowed my eyes at him, crossed my arms on my chest, and demanded, "I want an estimate,"

"At least four to five months. The situation should be under control by then," He answered curtly but the uncertainty tangled in his words didn't go unnoticed by him.

Four to five months? It sounded more like forever.

I could tell that he wasn't enjoying my interrogation because before I could ask him the next question, he started speaking, "This is my Butler, Frith. He-"

"Only butler?" I interrupted but he brushed it off.

"You can summon him by ringing the bell should you need something during your duration of stay. I grant you access to all the floors and rooms in my house, even the woods beyond the backyard but the stairs going down to the basement are out of bounds to you. This should be enough. I shall leave now. I have important matters to attain to,"

With that, he was gone. He left the room so swiftly like a breeze of air. I watched as the tips of his tailcoat disappeared.

I turned to look at the butler who was waiting for me in the corner of the room. He gave me a complimentary glare before speaking in one single breath, "Your luggage is here. You can put your things in this dresser if you wish. That is the bathroom. The right tap is for hot water. Ignore the dog. Dinner would be served in an hour,"

Before I could say anything, he was gone too. I was now left in that room alone. That was the first time when I got to look at the room where I was going to live now and maybe die too.