Chapter 1 ~ Sister

"Y/n, don't do this!" Allendis calls out to me, but I'm already out the door. 

I'm wearing my ceremonial uniform, it's cause it looks like my father's, and I had to wear one of his capes in a hurry and it doesn't fit me right. Gosh, he had broad shoulders. I tug on my gloves and quickly tie my silver hair in a ponytail. I was stressed out with paperwork and suddenly received word that my sister was going to be executed, and that my father already had.

"Y/N!" Allendis yells. Water spills from the sky onto my face in droplets as I make my way to my horse. 

"Allen, I need to go, my sister needs me!" I exclaim. He watches me from the porch. 

"Y/n, your blood oath, if you defy the Emperor he'll-" There are tears in his eyes, glistening in the candlelight from the house. I walk over to him. 

"Allendis, I'm sorry..." I kiss his forehead before rushing off onto my horse.

"You're a fool then..."

I ignore his words and I quickly tie my sword to my belt, quickly holding the hilt of my sword, the tassel on it was made by him. A silver braid with green ribbon woven into it. I then look behind me to see Allen, standing there in the rain, the tears streaking his face mixing with the rain. I start to cry as I ride off into the night. I will come back.

"Aristia... I'm coming," I say. 

If it comes to it, I realize I'll have to give up my blood oath. The emperor allowed me to marry Allendis at the price of me using my blood oath. I would do anything for Allen, but I need to help Tia. 

--------------------------------------------

I ride quickly and arrive at the palace in about ten minutes. I rush into the castle, and as the new commander of the second knight's division, no one can stop me. I run to Aristia's room and shove open the doors. 

"Y/n!" She exclaims, running to me. I hug her. 

"I'm sorry I couldn't come here in time Tia, I can't believe that bastard! He's lucky I don't bring you home right now!" I yell, gripping her shoulders. She looks defeated. 

"Y/n, it's not your place-" Tia starts, frowning. 

"TIA HE MADE YOU LOSE YOUR ONLY POSSIBLE CHILD!" I shout at her.

"How can you still defend him!? Even after all he's done! Tia, I won't allow this- Even if you stabbed him he was making you go mad! I'm going- I'm going to-" I get cut off by a burning pain. Everywhere is burning. I'm burning from the inside. I fall to the floor. 

"Y/n!" Tia yells in tears. She bends down at my side. 

"Tia... I'm fine, I-I'll get you o-out of here..." I say. 

"Y/n... no... the blood oath..." She cries, holding my hand. I look at my hand and see the gold wedding ring with the small Peridot in it. The visible skin beneath my glove is turning purple.

Allendis...

"I'm sorry... Tia..." I close my eyes. The pain is unbearable. It feels like it's tearing me apart. I feel my body give way, and the pain reaches my heart. I try to think of Allen, his grassy locks of hair in the wind, his hand touching mine as our lips brush together- I expect to see darkness, but instead I see light. 

You are the one I look upon,  The Path you take will be your fate. 

And what you wish for will be your path.

The one who carves one's own fate, that is your name,

Your name is-