Chapter 4 ~ Fatum

A/n I AM SO SORRY THAT I HAVE BEEN GONE! I had a hiatus for about 1 month because of school and then it's just taken me a while to get back into the swing of things. It also does not help that this is the fic that takes the most work because I have to go back and re-read chapters so I get things right. Also, Y/n is now older than Aristia, I did this due to the fact that the way Allendis and Y/n's age's lined up would be considered pedophilia in this universe, so now, Y/n is two years older than Aristia to avoid creepy behavior. So, with that done, please enjoy this chapter!

"Who are you?! Who is talking to us right now!?" Tia yells. The world around us has burst into different shades of blue, and there are stars around us. I reach out to touch one, and my hand phases through it. 

"AH!" I yell. 

"Y/n, don't touch anything, it could be dangerous," Tia says. 

"I am the one who imbues life into all, You can call me, 'Vita'" the loud, booming voice states.

This can't be true, can it? If it is, it just doesn't make sense. Why would Vita choose us to speak two?

"You wish to know which is the truth, between yourselves now, and yourselves when you were eighteen and sixteen"  How-

"How did you know?!" Tia yells. 

"Nothing, can escape my gaze," 

"The answer, to your question, is that both are your reality," 

"How can that be?! Are you saying we traveled back in time?!" I yell. 

"That is correct. I have used my power of life to turn back time of all there is,"

"Why would you do that?!" Aristia almost screams.

"Because the fates of too many have been distorted, by my blessed child," 

"Blessed... Child?" Aristia says, realization falling over her face. 

Vita means Jieun, don't they?

"My blessed child was fated to be born in this world, however, she ended up falling to another world due to a twist in dimensions. I brought her back to this world when I found her, but that ended up twisting the fate of many, including you." 

Dimensions? Are there... many other worlds?

"Then why?! Why did you not send another oracle about Jieun?!" Aristia yells.

"Because- When I lost my blessed child, though thin, your string of fate ended up tangling with him,"

"...How can that... Then... DO YOU MEAN THAT I WAS TANGLED WITH HIM, IN ORDER TO FILL THE VOID LEFT BY JIEUN'S ABSENCE?!" Aristia screams, tears flowing from her eyes. She starts trembling, biting her lip, and I hug her from behind.

"That is so."  Vita states this so nonchalantly, as if this didn't matter at all, the fact that they hurt so many people, hurt my sister! Because of Jieun.

"Then my love, my painful love for him wasn't of my own will... You're saying it was an emotion simply decided by fate?!" Aristia screams again.

"That is so."  I swear I'm going to punch Vita in the face.

"I worked so hard, but I was never loved back, you're telling me that's because I was just a substitute?!" 

"My entire existence... was simply meant to be, a substitute for the blessed child, loved by god." Aristia sobs. 

"That is so." 

I hate Vita. I hate them I hate them I hate them-

"Don't play with me! I lived my life in pain, for something like that while she had everything! You're a god who looks and watches over all equally, yet you made a child blessed by god! How can you interfere with people as you wish?!" 

"Humans cannot avoid the decision given unto them, and it is called fate, -Fatum-"

"NO! I REFUSE A FATE LIKE THAT!" Aristia screams, crouching down and covering her ears.

"A human cannot avoid fate." 

I had so much faith in god before. I loved thinking it would end well, I lived and laughed thinking that all would be alright. But in reality, fate is a cruel puppet show, and we are the puppets, and the audience is god.

"My children, I pity you, but a fate that is decided cannot be changed, so I will give you gift to reward you for your twisted fate,"

"A reward? What a joke..." Aristia mutters. 

"Fine. I will accept that," Aristia continues, getting up. 

"However, don't you dare be mistaken! I will never think of you as a god, and I will never thank you! I will not believe in god anymore!" Aristia yells. 

"And neither will I!" I yell. 

"We will reject you with all our lives! We will be the one to throw away God! The same as I was discarded!" 

"...That is fine. Do as you wish." 

The stars start shattering, and I feel adrenaline fill my body. Is Vita trying to kill us?!

Aristia screams, and unknown wind blows against our backs. 

"You are the ones I look upon, you are the ones who refuse fate. The path you shall take will be your fate, an what you wish for will be your paths," 

"The ones who carve one's own fate, those, are your names,"

"Aristia Pioneer La Monique, and Y/n Maverick La Monique," 

What did we live our lives for, what is our existence?

In the end, 

We both were nothing.

I was nothing.

"N/n,"

"Tia," 

"N/n,"

It's noisy, leave me alone.

I have nothing left to give. 

I fought and sacrificed all I had for a country, a world, a king, that didn't care.

"N/N!"

"PLEASE, OPEN YOUR EYES,"