Chapter 12 || Poison?

⚠️ Warning : This chapter might contain mature themes and scenes which might be triggering for some readers

⚠️ Warning : This chapter might contain mature themes and scenes which might be triggering for some readers. Please read with caution.⚠️

( A/n: Please turn on dark mode to enjoy the chapter better. Listen to the music video given above to provide more effects.)

" Don't mind but your house seems more like a mansion than a real house. " gasped Miranda as she entered.

Jimin smiled as a response.

" What did exactly happen to you though? I need to read it's meaning. "

" To be honest I had never expected it. I thought everything is in the past and I won't have to face these. I was in the hall when I got that vision. There's this statue in the middle of the hall. I had been fascinated by it since childhood. "

" What statue?" Asked Miranda frowning.

" It's an excellent piece of art. The statue is of a female figure with a sword and has a mixed expression on her face. "

" Go on with your story as of now. I need to examine it later. "

They were passing through the corridors. The walls were decorated with lavish paintings and sculptures. It indeed displayed their extravagant lifestyle. Miranda took in every single detail of the house while concentrating on what Jimin had to say.

" I was sitting against the statue and had fallen asleep. I suddenly saw the figure of the corpse and she whispered me to wait for her. When I woke up and screamed, I felt something wet on my back. The statue was crying blood. I fainted after that and haven't been well."

" Did you check it after you gained consciousness? "

" No. I was in my room when I had gained my consciousness and it never struck me. I met you after that. "

" Pst.... That was a mistake. You should have had checked it."

" I wouldn't have the courage to go there after all that...."

" That's true. Who knows about this beside us?"

" No one beside us. I don't anyone to make them aware of this. "

" I need to meet your father."

" My father? Why? "

" I just need to see the face of that nutjob before I start my work. He must have been a really weird person to bring that dangerous thing home. Oops.... Don't mind me. I curse people a lot openly when I don't like them."

Jimin chortled. It was funny. He did think of him as a crazy person too. No. He was more of a villain.

" I don't mind. You can curse how much you want. "

Both of them entered Jimin's father's room after a couple of knocks. He was rude enough to not answer even though he was awake.

" Hello Mr. Park. I am Miranda Miller. " Miranda bowed and greeted him coldly.

Jimin's father looked at her with a raised eyebrow and stared at Jimin demanding for an answer of why a complete stranger was in his room.

" Father she's a -"

" I am a supernatural investigator. " She interrupted him.

Jimin's father now looked at her with some amusement.

" Why are you here? What job do you have here." He demanded.

" People were right as it seems. You indeed are rude. Pst .... Don't worry I am rude too."

" This bitch - Who's she?" He stormed and glared at Jimin.

" Please refrain from using curse words. I can use them too. "

" This girl seems to lack the etiquettes of a lady. "

" You seem to lack it too. Shouldn't I be on an equal level with the person I am talking to? I am here to solve this corpse bride problem. Now I would like it if you participate in this job too willingly. We might need information."

" Corpse Bride? Huh! Do you think you can do that being a woman?"

" If a man can , a woman can do it ten times better. Atleast  I am better than you. "

" Look at her nerve! This is why women should stay at home! "

" I would appreciate if you stop being misogynistic. My heels can do some wonders when discriminated against. "

" Get out!" He screamed.

Miranda smirked and went near his ears.

" I can see that you are quite confident even though you are a murderer. Pst.... It won't work on me. You better spill facts if you don't want me to screw you over. Otherwise I would be forced to spill the fact that you poisoned your wife after you beat her that day."

" Who - Who are you?!?"

A/n : A plot twist! Who do you think Miranda actually is? We also have another turning point! Jimin's father poisoned his wife ! I wanted someone to roast Jimin's father

A/n : A plot twist! Who do you think Miranda actually is? We also have another turning point! Jimin's father poisoned his wife ! I wanted someone to roast Jimin's father. How is Miranda's character honestly? I have more plot twists in my pocket! Get ready for it! And don't forget to vote , comment and share this book!

We reached 500 reads! Thank you so much for supporting it till here! Hope your books would do well too!