A little boy, who couldn't be more than 3 years old, wandered aimlessly through the crowd. He clutched his All Might figurine as he looked around for his mother. He had wanted to go see the heroes but now his mother was nowhere to be seen.

"Are you alright?" A gaunt boy asked. He was about nine years old but stood small and bony for his age. His blond hair was greasy and the black markings around his eyes were almost indistinguishable from the bruises if it wasn't for the odd shape and neat lines of them. Big red wings sat on his back and the 3 year old was surprised the older boy hadn't toppled over from the sheer weight of them.

"I cannot find my mommy," he whimpered to the older boy.

"Can you tell me your name? I'll help you find her," the boy said.

"I'm Izuku Midoryia."

"You can call me Keigo Takami. What direction were you coming from?"

Izuku pointed helplessly in the direction he came from. The streets were swarmed by passerbys who didn't seem to care about the two boys. Keigo offered a hand to Izuku, who took it, and began expertly weaving through the crowd, wrapping Izuku in a big red wing to avoid him being crushed.

"Izuku!" A shrill call was heard from a woman not too far away. A head of green hair popped out from beneath the wing with a wide grin.

"That's her! That's mommy!" Izuku exclaimed, relief flooding through his tiny body. Keigo moved towards the source of the voice and found a woman with similar green hair to the boy wrapped in his wing.

"Izuku!" The woman cried, running towards the two boys. "Thank god you're all right. No more wandering, okay?"

The boy left Keigo's wing to be wrapped up in his mother's warm embrace.

"Yes, mommy," Izuku said.

"And who might you be, kiddo?" Inko asked Keigo with a warm smile. Keigo's mother was never that warm, it was strange to him.

"Keigo Takami."

"He helped me, mommy!" Izuku grinned.

"Thank you so much for bringing Izuku to me. Say, what about you? Are your parents anywhere?"

Keigo shrugged. Inko frowned.

"Would you like to come with us?"

Sensing Keigo was pulling back, Inko remedied her words, "For dinner, that is? It is only fair that I treat you to dinner for helping Izuku as you have."

Keigo nodded.

•••

Unlike as the nine year old had planned, once Keigo accepted, it didn't just stick to one dinner. As quickly as he had found Inko that day, she quickly got her hands on adoption forms and it wasn't hard to convince Keigo's biological mother to sign off on it once she was found. It hadn't been hard for Keigo to make himself at home, at even easier for Izuku to think of his as his brother.

"Kei! Kei! Kei! Wake up!" A little voice chanted right next to his ear.

"Three more hours, hatchling," Keigo mumbled.

"But you promised me you'd play heroes with me."

"What about mom?"

"Mom says she's doing taxes. What are taxes, Keigo?"

Keigo yawned and sat up to look at the green haired boy.

"I....have no idea."

Izuku pouted.

"Anyway, I want you to come play with me," he whined.

"Give me five minutes to get dressed," Keigo sighed.

"Yayyyyyyy!" Izuku cheered as he ran excited out of the room to put on his All Might onesie.

•••

"Midoryia!"

Keigo lifted his head from the table to see the amused expression on the pink haired male's face.

"What do you want?" Keigo mumbled. The twelve year old rubbed sleep from his eyes with his fist. The pink haired male seemed to get only more amused by this.

"Keigo, look around, you idiot. You slept through class. Time to go home. Don't you have a little brother to pick up?"

"Right, thank you, Sak-."

"Say my last name, I dare you," the pink haired male threatened. It was a well known fact Kyo didn't like using his last name because of his very well known brother and like the good best friend he was, Keigo used it.

"Yeah yeah, thanks Kyo. I'll meet you at the intersection tomorrow?"

"Absolutely, don't forget some of your mom's glorious cookies."

"I won't!"

Kyo left with a fanged grin. Keigo gathered his things and walked down the street to the elementary school his little brother went to school at. He had anticipated to be crashed into by a six year old. Instead he got one of the most horrifying sights he's ever witnessed in his mind.

"Quirkless wannabe!" A kid jeered. Though, Keigo would rather be quirkless than what that kid had for a sorry excuse for a quirk. Seriously, what use was your eyes hanging out of your sockets. But that wasn't what Keigo cared about. It was the blond kid leading it all Keigo focused on.

"You'll never be as good as me, Deku. Even the teachers say so!"

Keigo made a mental note to have words with the teachers, though he knew the stigma around quirkless people, he had just hoped Izuku wouldn't have to experience it after that doctors appointment.

"Oi," Keigo interrupted, his voice commanding. The kids turned around to see the large figure of Keigo with his wings extended to their full wing span. They all ran, except for the one blond kid who stared in awe.

"Kei!" Izuku grinned, as if he hadn't been bullied only moments prior. The little boy stood up and ran around the blond to jump into Keigo's arms. The red wings wrapped around Izuku protectively in a dome-like shape.

"Are you okay, Izu?" Keigo asked softly, nuzzling his little brother's hair.

"Of course, Kei. Guess what, we got to learn about birds today!"

"Oh really?" Keigo responded, noting to himself to talk to Izuku later about it.

"You're like a Hawk! You're really fast and you eat chicken!"

Keigo spluttered before cackling at his brother's announcement. It shouldn't surprise him that Izuku might bring that up.

"Who are you?" A rude voice interrupted the brothers' moment. Keigo opened one wing to see the blond kid from earlier.

"Kacchan, this is my big brother Keigo," Izuku said happily. "Kei, this is Kacchan."

It was like the kid bore no ill will to this "Kacchan" and it truly amazed Keigo just how sweet his brother was.