14

Izuku hadn't seen his older brother so despondent before. He watched as Keigo rushed to the phone at every chime or stared at Kyo's contact in his phone. It had been a week since Kyo left for his mission.

"C'mon, we have training," Katsuki said gently, dragging Izuku away from his worried thoughts over his brother and Kyo. Izuku allowed the blond to lead him out of the apartment. They were going to meet Rumi at the ground floor where she would accompany them to training. Apparently, even after over two months of training with All Might, no one trusted him to train Katsuki and him alone.

"You boys doing okay?" Rumi asked as soon as they reached her. They both nodded.

"I'm worried about Kei, though," Izuku stated, eyes flitting back up to their level in the complex.

"Don't worry baby bunnies, Kyo will be back in no time and Keigo will be as active as ever again," Rumi declared. "Besides, he'll shape up soon enough even if Kyo isn't back yet. You have entrance exams coming up. Of course he'll want to come and support you two."

Izuku felt comforted by Rumi's words. It was true that exams were coming up. Keigo had stated that he'd be in the exam room as a new teacher at U.A., a celebration that had been dampened greatly with the gaping hole that Kyo's absence had created in their lives.

It didn't take too long for them to reach the beach, talking of menial things. Katsuki spoke softer than usual, as he had for the past week as they all adjusted.

"Miruko! Young Bakugou! Young Midoriya!" All Might greeted in his large muscled form before shrinking down once again. When they drew closer, All Might began speaking again. "Any word from Mirage?"

"They can't contact us while on their mission," Katsuki hissed. All Might frowned.

"I'm sure he is doing well then."

If anything, that helped Katsuki and Izuku better than anyone else. Kyo was always butting heads with All Might, so to hear him speak highly of Kyo felt more reassuring than others.

"Let's get started," Izuku declared, a small grin on his face. Katsuki huffed in a way that Izuku recognized to be a happy huff.

•••

Keigo paced the room as he watched the monitors overlooking the physical exam.

"Izuku Midoriya...any relation to you, Hawks?" Aizawa eyed the pacing man. Keigo thought a moment before nodding stiffly. He was among fellow heroes after all, and they wouldn't say anything.

"Little brother," he said.

"You didn't recommend him?" Midnight piped up.

"He wanted to get in without my help," Keigo stated. The heroes in the room acknowledged the statement with appreciation. "How's Katsuki Bakugou doing?"

A teacher leaned over to another monitor.

"He's doing well, gaining points by the minute."

"Your brother isn't gaining any points, why is that?" Midnight asked. Keigo thanked every deity out there that they had all discussed the cover story thoroughly.

"His quirk only came in late into his Middle School years. He's not as well versed in using his quirk as his peers."

The other heroes seemed to notice just how anxious the younger man was and ceased discussion on the younger Midoriya. Keigo made a mental note to discuss the entrance exam with Nezu as it seemed to but many non-physical quirks at a disadvantage. Katsuki would be fine in a test like this, but if younger Aizawa had this for a test, Keigo doubted he'd pass it.

Keigo was so lost in thought he had nearly missed the zero pointer. Which was huge. And oh God, Izuku cannot go against that.

Of course, it was a head of curly green hair darting towards the huge robot, towards a girl trapped under rubble. His sweet, oh so stupid and reckless little brother was going up against the robot to save the girl. He watched with bated breath as Izuku made the jump--a jump he couldn't have made normally--and smashed into the robot with power Keigo recognized as All Might's. And was he planning that funeral as he saw the damage to Izuku's body.

Keigo didn't even have to wait to race down as just then, the examination ended.

•••

"You stupid! Reckless! Idiot!" Keigo lectured. Izuku walked between Keigo and Katsuki as they returned home, Keigo had only now passed the unintelligible part of his raging.

"He's right, what were you thinking going against a zero pointer like that?" Katsuki said, Keigo's ravings becoming white noise to them as they started walking ahead of the man.

"I wasn't...that girl, I wanted to help her. She helped me earlier too, when I tripped on my way in."

"Clearly you weren't thinking!" Keigo yelled from behind them.

"You know, I thought it would be Keigo calmly lecturing me, not you," Izuku tried at a joke. Katsuki levelled a glare at him.

"We're taking turns for that bullshit you pulled."

Izuku laughed nervously, mentally planning his own funeral.

•••

"Izuku did what?" Inko asked, Keigo calmly relaying situation while Katsuki had his own unintelligible screaming session outside of the apartment complex.

"I broke my bones taking down this huge zero pointer..." Izuku said. The shock in Inko's face faded into panic. The woman checked Izuku up and down, demanding he strip down to his boxers so she could check the bones in his arms and legs herself, make sure everything was intact again.

One look at Keigo told Izuku that the man was greatly enjoying the guilt that now crushed Izuku over how worried Inko was. Katsuki seemed to enjoy it a bit himself when he came back. Afterward, it seemed both blonds had decided that making Inko panic and fret over him had been punishment enough and the lectures ceased. That is, till Rumi and Mitsuki got ahold of him.

•••

"This is Mirage."

"Mirage, you have reached the Commission. Your update?"

"I have a lead. Do I have permission to follow it?"

"Do whatever you need. Find the villains and report back."

"Yes sir."