15

"This is Mirage."

"You have reached the Commission, your update?"

"The lead was a trap. I've been found out."

"Where are you? We'll send a team."

"Down by- fuck- don't come!"

"Mirage! Mirage, do you copy?"

"..."

"Report to the boss, we've lost Mirage."

•••

It had been a day since Katsuki and Izuku got their acceptance letters and the Midoriya and Bakugou households had been riding that high all the way to the next day. Inko was rustling about her room before she came out with two boxes.

"Mitsuki and I had these made for you two," Inko said. She placed a box in front of Izuku and the other in front of Katsuki.

Both boys eagerly pulled off the box tops. Izuku's eyes filled with tears as he looked down and Katsuki seemed to be buzzing with excitement.

"These are..." Izuku trailed off.

"Our new hero suits!" Katsuki finished. Izuku pulled out the jacket he had with his. Black fabric with green wing embroidery stitched into the back. He pulled it on, grinning as he spun around to show everyone the design. He pulled up the hood to show the small and intricate silver butterflies embroidered into the edge, honoring Kyo's illusion butterflies, one of his favorite tricks to use when calming down rescued children. He pulled on a green version of Rumi's gloves with small crescent moons stitched into the wrist.

Keigo couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear. Especially when Katsuki brought out his tool belt which had feathers, crescent moons, and butterflies incorporated subtly into it, only noticeable if you knew to look for it.

A knock was heard at the door.

"I'll get it!" Keigo said, grinning as he went to open the door. Immediately the smile dropped. "Akito? What are you-"

"He's gone."

The older man's eyes were red and brimming with fresh tears. Dried tear tracks became new once again as Keigo processed his words.

"What?"

"They just called-" Akito hiccuped. "They lost contact with him after he was found out- Kyo- my baby brother's gone."

Akito broke down sobbing right in the corridor. Keigo ushered him in, completely numb. The world seemed to come to a halting stop. He missed the complete uproar that became of his family as his feet brought him to his bedroom. He sat on the bed, staring blankly at the floor.

Slowly, his eyes crept from the floor and up the wall. Where all the pictures he kept were. Right in the middle, in the newest frame, was a group photo. Katsuki and Izuku, Inko, Mitsuki and Masaru, Rumi, him and Kyo. Kyo beaming his mischievous grin as they celebrated Inko's birthday.

Keigo pulled his knees to his chest as it sunk it that he wouldn't see that beam again. And then he cried. Cried for all the nights they spent kicking each other, trying to throw the other off during a game of Mario Kart. Cried for sleepless nights in their school days where they chugged energy drinks like they were ambrosia and studied for hours on end. Cried for the stupid inside jokes that they had and the stupid gift they kept gifting back and forth to each other every Christmas.

•••

Touya stared at the pink hair sprawled against his pillow. The last time he had seen it in person was right before he had snuck away from the Midoriya apartment after a month of recieving care from them. Now he repayed the kindness that Kyo and Keigo had shown him, once upon a time. He had saved Kyo from the villains who had targeted him and brought him back to the dingy apartment he stayed in to do his best to patch him up.

Coughing came from the bed and Touya went and grabbed a glass of water. When he returned, Kyo was trembling as he sat up before he let himself fall back and rest his back against the wall. Silver eyes spotted him, raking over him as he approached the bed and handed over the glass of water.

"I think I've died and gone to Heaven, because I see an angel," Kyo started after his first sip, a grin playing on his mouth.

"I must've been too late to save your eyes then," Touya said, chuckling.

"I think they work just fine."

"Yeah, yeah, drink your water." Touya rolled his eyes. Kyo did as instructed and Touya checked him over for anymore injuries he may have missed or that had been reopened by movement.

"Last time I saw your hair black, it was soot. I don't supposed it's the same this time? I quite liked the white, to be honest."

"It's hair dye."

"Pity."

It really didn't surprise Touya that Kyo recognized him, his burn marks made his identity rather obvious to the very person who treated them.

"My hair was originally red anyway."

"When did that change?"

"Power overuse eventually turned it white. I wasn't against it though. My mother had the white hair."

Kyo hummed. "Makes sense."

"Think I can move you?"

"Where to?"

"The Midoriyas at the very least. This apartment is bad enough for me and I'm not busy recovering."

Kyo thought for a moment, and then nodded.

"Where is this apartment?"

"Only a couple blocks from where they set the trap. It's why I heard about it."

"Rumi- I mean Miruko's apartment is closer. She'll help you, I think."

"You think?"

"We'll have to explain that you aided me but as long as your felonies aren't too great, I think you're fine."

"What makes you think I've committed felonies?"

Kyo raised an eyebrow and Touya acquiesced.

"I've done some minor thievery to get by but that's it."

"Yeah, she'll help then."

"I'll carry you on my back and then cover you with a jacket so you won't be recognizable."

Kyo nodded and slowly got up to where Touya could help him. When Touya had gotten him securely onto his back, he covered Kyo with a jacket, making sure Kyo tucked his pink hair under the hood.

"Alright, now tell me where to go," Touya said, making his way out the door.