Chapter 23 - Insanity

*That same day*

Draco's POV:

"My princess is still nowhere to be found. I searched everywhere, even the library this time." I passed Hermione in the corridor. She mumbled, "Ivory is here, in the library...", as she walked off.

"I must be fucking blind." I made my way through the library as quick as I could.

"There you are, Malfoy.", Blaise said.

"Move Blaise!", I scoffed, pushing him out of the way. He followed me for the first few meters, but soon gave up.

I yelled, "Babe?!" while I was still running.

"Sstt!", a Ravenclaw student hushed. I rolled my eyes and walked around to find Ivory. When I walked into the 5th aisle, I saw a girl sitting at a desk. Brown, silky hair flowing down her back. That had to be her. I walked up behind her and gave her a kiss on her head.

"Baby, we missed you last night! Where were you?!"

She turned around and gave me a kiss. "Oh hi Draco. I had my own plans last night."

"Well what did you do?"

"Nothing special. Come on let's get out of the library.", she said.

-

We received strange looks from other students as we walked through the corridors. "Ungrateful girl.", someone exclaimed.

I whispered, "Ignore them baby." as I wrapped my arm around her waist. However, she didn't give any sign of care. There was no expression on her face at all, like her emotion had faded.

"Are you okay, darling?", I asked opening the door of my dormitory.

"Yeah, I'm great actually."

I sat down on the bed with her, stroking her back. "Where were you last night?", I asked for the second time.

"Why does everyone care so much about where I go?!" She immediately got upset with me.

"Because we love you, we want to know if you are safe. And it's your Birthday after all...", I replied.

"Whatever...", she mumbled.

"Can you please answer before I get mad?"

"Why should I, Draco? Tell me why I should."

"Being feisty are we? Just fucking answer me now!"

"I haven't hooked up with anyone, if that's what you wanted to hear."

"Yes..., that was what I wanted to hear."

After a brief silence, the vibe completely changed from tense to emotional. Ivory was lying on my lap while I softly ran my fingers through her hair.

"Draco?"

"Yes darling?"

"Why is everyone so upset with me all the time?", she mumbled.

"Oh love, they are just disappointed because you stood them up.", I replied calmly, trying not to make her upset again.

"But they didn't even tell me that there were plans last night."

"It was a surprise, darling."

After I said that, she got up from the bed. She simply glanced at me without saying anything. I felt an uncomfortable shiver go down my spine. I couldn't prepare myself for what was about to happen, it all went so fast. I just a fraction of a second, her emotions were all over the place again.

"See a surprise, how the fuck am I supposed to know then?! You guys are blaming me for something I didn't know?"

"Ivory, come sit back down."