chapter nine

"Namjoon-hyung is on his way up here but I thought until he gets here, maybe we can talk for a moment?", Jungkook explained while walking over to them, and Taehyung and you smiled at him while nodding.
Maybe he'd finally open up about what has been on his mind lately. Of course, you knew one thing that you two talked about, but it wouldn't make him desperate enough to come up here, would it?
"So, earlier I didn't want to sound rude or anything. I was just thinking and you coming here sort of startled me and so I freaked but I didn't mean to project that on you two. I'm actually glad that I'm not alone up here anymore because it was getting quite uncomfortable with all those thoughts running around in my head."

When he saw you're worried look, he quickly lifted his hands and gestured for you to calm down.
"Not like that... I don't have any severe problems, y/n, stop being so concerned about me. It's really fine, just some decisions I have to make that may affect my future, that's it. It's nothing serious, anyway."
He added that last sentence in more of a mumbling tone, staring at his hands and while Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, not knowing what he meant, you sighed and scratched your neck.
So it was about that thing...
The misunderstanding that the three of them had had to deal with for a while now and that had Taehyung more than confused about a lot of things because he was the only one who simply didn't get the truth. Well, not that it was that obvious but somehow...
Anyway, now that you knew what was going on with Jungkook, you put your arms around him and pulled him into a short hug together with Taehyung so that you were all huddled together. 

"No matter what you decide, Jungkookie, just know we're all here for you and you won't lose any of us as friends. Right, Taehyung?"
Of course, the older agreed at once and promised to be by the maknae's side forever which visibly relaxed Jungkook and made you smile.
You didn't know Taehyung as a person who would judge people anyway so Jungkook's fear was completely unexplained. Still, you more than anybody else could understand that just because a certain fear isn't rational doesn't mean that it's not there and so you held your friend a little bit tighter and buried your face in his shoulder.

The sound of the heavy roof door squeaking while being opened made the three of you break apart and you turned around to see Namjoon standing on the doorstep.
"Come on, get in here, guys. Don't want anyone to catch a cold, alright?", he called out to them and you all immediately followed his instructions, shivering a little at the cold wind that blew up here.
"Are you finished... talking?", Namjoon mumbled while you passed him obviously not wanting to make it a big deal but at the same time curious about what was going on.
You nodded and took his hand, pulling him along with you towards the elevator.
"You two take the next one.", you said and pressed the button to close the door after getting on it with Namjoon, chuckling at the surprised looks that Jungkook and Taehyung threw you when they realized you were being serious.

"What'd you do that for?", Namjoon asked as soon as the elevator was moving downwards and you turned to face him with a soft smile.
"Thanks for letting me talk to Tae in private. I know it was a little rude of us to just leave you on your own but he was just asking about how I've been and stuff, so don't worry. And since I thought maybe you'd feel left out I wanted to talk to you in private too for a moment."
He smiled a little and shook his head at your attitude, fixing his glasses before looking back at you with his warm, brown eyes.
"You're unbelievable, y/n... But sure, what did you wanna say?"
"Just thank you. Thank you for caring about me, thank you for accepting me and my flaws, and most importantly, thank you for being by my side. You're the person who's been with me the longest in my entire life apart from my family and even though I know that we had our times where we lost touch, I know now that we were never not friends and that means a lot to me."

He didn't say anything, just looking down at his hands with a thoughtful expression so you just kept going, having so much more on your mind that you never got to tell him.
"And also, I'm so sorry for how much I shocked you a while back. I can still understand why I did what I did but now I see an entirely new side of things that I never considered back then and I know that I was being unfair to you and other people who care about me. It's a good thing that I didn't manage to actually go through with it and I can see that now. Also, I promise I will do my best from now on so that one day I can finally close this chapter of my life and move on as a happy person. I know that life is hard and that maybe I won't ever be 100% "cured" but I don't want to wake up fearing the day anymore and I know that I can get there so... once again, thanks for showing me that there's a side of life I haven't lived yet. And thank you for helping me get to the point where I can say I am better than I used to be."