𝒊𝒊. 𝑴𝑰𝑫𝑻𝑶𝑾𝑵 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑵𝑬𝑾𝑩𝑰𝑬𝑺

CHAPTER TWO

MIDTOWN AND NEWBIES

MIDTOWN AND NEWBIES

The morning was dull if Harlow was completely honest. It was a typical morning at the Greyswood orphanage.

Well except the fact that there was no other child there except Harlow, it was a quiet morning, there was hot water and that the breakfast was actually extremely good.

Madelyn drove with Harlow through the streets of Queens with the soft sounds of SZA playing in the background. With every traffic light they stopped at Harlow took a deep breath.

Knowing she'd have to face everyone after her mother was reported dead and she didn't show up to school for a month.

"How are you feeling about going back to school?" Madelyn asked the girl.

"I would rather be catching up on five years worth of Brooklyn Nine-Nine than this." Harlow responded as she traced her finger of the cold window.

"If you really want me to, I could organize homeschooling for you?" The blonde woman suggested as she kept her eyes on the road.

"No it's fine. After this I have one more year and then...Its time for college.  One last hurrah I guess."

"Okay, but if anything changes let me know " Madelyn assured as they pulled up to the drop off zone at Midtown High.

"I'll see you later." Harlow said with a small smile before grabbing her bag and exiting the car.

As she held the straps of her bag and felt the cold wind on her ankles of this partly cloudy day Harlow Mustapha sighed to herself before ascending the concrete stairs.

Pushing through the crowds of ecstatic students in reunion with their peers Harlow just tried to make it to the office to get her new locker number and timetable.

After getting it she got her books for her first few lessons. Her first one happened to be Biology.

Biology happened to be one of the girls favorite subjects but the first class of an almost over semester was probably the most boring lesson she's ever had. Everything was going in slow motion until she heard the wonderful words.

"Can Harlow Mustapha please come to the principal's office." The words came from intercom making all the attention turn towards Harlow who quickly packed her backpack and left the class.

She didn't care why she was called she was just thankful that she was taken out of that lesson because she could swear that she was about to fall asleep.

Upon entering the office the secretary greeted her and pointed her towards the principal's new office. She knocked on the door before being allowed to enter.

"Here is one of our best Midtown students Harlow Mustapha who will be giving you your tour of the school and showing you all your classes." He told the three, the said girl waved shyly at the two.

She furrowed her eyebrows when she realised who they were...or where she saw them.

"Miss Mustapha this is..."

"Maxwell Cunningham." The familiar scottish boy said.

"Basilia Gonzalez." The familiar girl said in a spanish accent.

"Well Miss Gonzalez and Mr Cunningham if you would just follow Miss Mustapha and she will show you around our school. " the principle finished before the two new students stood up and followed the dark skinned girl out the office.

They walked down the halls and listen while Harlow did her best in showing theme the classrooms despite some of them being changed in the past few years.

"That concludes our tour and right now you guys have Chemistry with me and that class is right this way." Harlow said before leading them to the chem lab.

Upon their entry all eyes landed on the trio. Mainly on the scottish boy behind her. Harlow scurried to her place where the apparatus was laid out for the practical.

"Right class we have two new students joining us, Maxwell and Basilia. Now I hope you are enjoying your time here." Mr Henry said to the two. "Now class as part of the revision you all have to choose one of the experiments on the manual and since we have the new students I will put you two with my best chemistry students , Mr Cunningham with Harlow and Miss Gonzalez with Miss Jones. All right everyone you know where the chemicals and necessary equipment are so get to it." He finished before the students spread out around the classroom.

"I'm thinking we do the thermal disposition experiment with the magnesium ribbons...unless you don't want to I mean there are more choices." Harlow rambled making the Maxwell smile.

"Harley...Harlow? Can I call you Harley?" Max asked the girl.

"Umm.. sure I guess."

"Harley I am perfectly fine with doing the Thermal Disposition experiment." Maxwell assured before the got the extra apparatus.

After getting the magnesium ribbon and other necessary materials as well as putting on their lab coats and goggles the got to work.

"Oh I forgot the lighter." Harlow said before leaving their station and going to the back if the class where the other apparatus was.

As soon as Harlow was out of range and no , Maxwell turned back to the bunsen burner, turned the noble and thought of the right spell.

"Incendia." Maxwell enunciated quickly, lighting the gas.

"Okay I had to look through two crates of stop watches and pliers but I truly don't know why they would put them together its probably a hazard but I found one." She babbled until she saw that the flame was already lit.

Harlow looked at Maxwell with a confused expression. "Miss Peters lent me hers." He quickly told her earning a nod from the girl.

The two put on their goggles and then Harlow took the tongs and held the magnesium ribbon with them and held them above the flame. They started to spark and a light came from the flame. Maxwell shielded Harlows eyes and his own.

"Well done Miss Mustapha and Mr Cunningham." Mr Henry commended the two who smiled at eachother.

Harlow didn't realise that she was about to spend a lot more time with her chemistry partner and his outgoing Spanish best friend

CHAPTER TWO

I hope you guys are enjoying so far

CHAPTER QUESTION:
who's your favorite so far?

Any who hope you enjoy