𝒊𝒗. 𝑶𝑳𝑫 𝑩𝑶𝑶𝑲𝑺 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑹𝑰𝑬𝑫 𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑼𝑮𝑯𝑻𝑺

CHAPTER FOUR

OLD BOOKS AND WORRIED THOUGHTS

The school day had gone rather quick and before Harlow realised, she was taking a walk with Madelyn after being picked up from school. The two walked down the streets of Queens with ice cream cones in their hands. Madelyn noticed that the girl had been rather quiet today.

"Kid, you've been rather quiet" Madelyn stated her as she took another lick of her cone.

"I'm always quiet" Harlow answered quickly before licking her cone.

"Okay in particularly today. Something's
wrong" Madelyn said with no answer from
the girl next to her.

"Come on Harlow, I'm a mix of an empath and an air and wind witch and I don't need my powers to know that something's wrong."

"I had a dream last night. I was in this town but it wasn't a normal town. Everything and everyone was black and white except me, like those old videos they used to show in history. Literally no one could see me. And then bumped into this fancy english guy. Key word bumped. He was the only one who could see me, hear me. The strangest thing is thatI swear I've seen him before" Harlow explained to the blonde woman.

In her mind Madelyn feared that the dream Harlow just told her about wasn't just a dream. Unaware to Harlow there were things about her past and future that she had no clue about and Madelyn was dreading the day it would come to light.

"Let's just hope it's a dream, only a dream" Madelyn mumbled to herself, Harlow only hearing a small part of her words.

They walked a little further until they reached the car.

"Oh and when I woke up my hands were
surrounded with my usual blue magic but
this time there was white streaks in the blue." Harlow spoke, saying the last part in a confused tone.

That was until Harlow looked at Madelyn
who had a panicked expression on her face.

"Miss Gray? You good?"

"Yeah kid, I am." Madelyn answered quickly before driving out of the parking spot.

Harlow wasn't and idiot, she could tell that
something was wrong but she decided to
keep her comments to herself and let the
blonde woman be. After a few minutes the two arrived back at the orphanage. Harlow went back to her room and Madelyn went to her office.

The woman quickly hung her coat on the

hook before quickly putting her hair into one messy braid .

"Breath Madelyn, breath. Everything is fine. This isn't happening. This is not happening." Madelyn told herself as she opened the tall cupboard in her office.

Blue mist and energy surrounded her fingers as she moved them to pry open a wooden plank on the floor. She pulled out two books.

One was smaller with a faded brown leather cover and was almost two inches thick, filled with written pages all of it tied together with a long strap of leather.

The other was much larger and thicker than the one before. This one had ancient textures and letters on the cover and
the spine.

Madelyn traced the old words with her
fingers, as if they were speaking to her. Her eyes glowed a dark blue while the same coloured swarmed in the palm of her hand before the book opened up.

Flipping through each page, with a different story or tale about her greatness, her potential all about the same person but there was one page Madelyn Grayswood was looking for, one that would confirm or deny the information that the seventeen year old had told her.

𝙎𝙤𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙨

It read. Her eyes trailed down the page.

"Oh shit, its happening."

AUTHORS NOTE!!
Been a little bit since I've updated

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and have some questions 🤨