CHAPTER SIX

THE UNEXPECTED MEETING
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE UNEXPECTED MEETING ✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

278 AC, Storm's End

During all her travels Rosalie had never set foot in Storm's End. She had heard a few stories of the castle from her father when she grew up as well as Robert and Renly during her time in King's Landing, but never had she seen the castle for herself.

It was an impressive building surrounded by a massive curtain wall that was one hundred feet high and composed of a double course of pale grey stone. Once they rode inside the walls she realised that the Keep only had one tower, a colossal drum tower.

The familiar banner of House Baratheon hung on the walls, the yellow field with the black stag giving Rosalie a sense of familiarity. The only thing missing was the crown.

Ready to greet them stood a burly man with black hair and blue eyes that bore a remarkable resemblance to what she remembered of Renly Baratheon and what she supposed Robert must look right now. It was Steffon Baratheon.

Next to him stood a woman with blue eyes and light brown hair that cascaded down her back in curls while some of it was held back in a knot at the top of her head. It was Cassana Baratheon.

From what Rosalie had learned both of them would be dead within the year if they followed their previous faiths. They would die in a shipwreck just as they were about to return from their journey to Essos, their ship getting smashed on the rocks in Shipbreaker Bay.

Rosalie dismounted her horse and much like she had done when they arrived in Riverrun she took the lead, walking over to the Lord and Lady of Storm's End to give them a smooth curtsy.

"Lord and Lady Baratheon," she smiled politely, "My brother and I are honoured that you have welcomed us both into your home for a visit. My name is Rosalie and this is my brother, Brandon, the heir to Winterfell."

Cassana and Steffon shared a look and Rosalie had to hide a smirk. By now she was used to people being surprised by seeing her. She had never before left the North, at least to their knowledge, yet she acted like the perfect southern lady, and much more than that. For which southern lady would take care of the introductions while her brother watched silently?

The only reason Brandon had taken the lead in Riverrun was that he needed to make a good impression there since he was betrothed to the Lord of Riverrun's daughter. But he had never been a fan of small talk so Brandon had no objections in allowing her to speak.

"The honour is ours, My Lord and Lady," Steffon gave them a courteous smile, "Your brother speaks of you often and it's an honour to finally meet you both in person."