2.0 You Met Who in Prison?

Luke:

My face turned to a crimson shade of red and I could feel my blood start to boil at the inconsiderate man interrogating me from across the cold silver table with pictures of my injuries scattered all over.

I had to go in to get questioned today. I was sitting in a square grey room with dimmed lighting that irritated my eyes a lot. It was 8:30 in the morning and I was tired and barely got any sleep the past two days.

"Sir, I'm telling you, Michael didn't hurt me." I scoffed at the man who was already on my bad side.

"Please call me Crubs," he nodded his head at me before speakih again. "Is it true you left school before the dismissal bell with Michael Clifford." He asked placing a picture of Michael and I leaving the school hand in hand in front of me.

I grabbed the picture. It was so blurry I could barely make out the color of Michael's hair. "Yeah," I said brushing my thumb over the two of us. "But that doesn't mean he beat me senseless." I continued. I shifted in my chair and slouched back a bit.

"Then who did?" Crubs asked tilting his head over slightly.

I closed my eyes as memories of that horrible night flooded to my mind. My eyes started to sting as tears threatened to escape and I let out a sigh letting the agent know I was upset. "I can't tell you." I let out a heavy breath and shook me head.

"Luke, the faster you tell us, the faster we can make everything better okay?" The man tried to assure me but I knew things wouldn't get better. If I told them who did it, I would get taken away. I wouldn't be able to see Michael or Calum or Ashton. Everything, all that I've worked for would be completely ruined and I'd have to start all over.

And I especially didn't want to lose Michael.

I looked down at my lap and picked at my finger nails. "I- I can't." I choked out as I placed my head down on the table and started to cry.

"Okay," Crubs said scribbling words down on a sheet of paper. "We'll come back when you're ready." He said getting up from his seat and walking out of the room leaving me there to myself.

I sighed into my hands as I wiped my bitter tears away.

I can't keep doing this, I'll have to tell them eventually and when I do everything is just going to get so much worse.

-

I heard muffled voices from outside of the room I had been sitting in for nearly an hour and a half. I looked away from the door as it start to open.

"L-Lukey," I heard the voice of a particular fire engine red haired lad. I shot my head over at him smiling and widening my eyes (as wide as I could make then given the fact that they were swollen from getting punched in the face a lot.)

"Mikey!" I exclaimed, my expressions calm and not too sudden towards the lad. He looked tired. His eyes had bags under them, not like the usual bags he normally had. These ones were dark and you could see much more then sleep deprivation in his eyes. You could see the fear inside of him and that hurt me more that ever.

He walk over and sat down across from me. He slouched over the table and smiled down at his hands while he fiddled with his thumbs. "You'll never guess who I met last night." He laughed trying to keep things casual.

I sat up straight and leant forward, trying to get a better look in his eyes but they were focused on his two thumbs.

"Who?" I asked with a smile still on my face.

"Jack Barakat." He said shaking his head in disbelief. "He was in the same cell as me." He said with enthusiasm looking up at me.

"You met who in prison?" I exclaimed in disbelief but then my face fell, and I began to feel sad because my baby spent the night in a dirty jail cell because of me.

"Hey, smile this is happy news!" He tried to cheer me up but I was more focused on a more serious subject and I had other questions for him.

"Mikey," I said, my voice getting softer.
"Why are you in here?" I asked looking past his blue green eyes and into the one way mirror that reflected my cuts and bruises back at me.

His face shot to shame. "Who hurt you Luke?" He asked his voice getting lower as he spoke. He seemed so distant.

I looked at the boy in anger as a tear trickled down my face. "You know who."

His face shot up at mine and I couldn't look away from him no matter how hard I tried. "Luke,"

"They told you to come in here and ask me that." I said in a stern voice.

"Yes, but baby I wanted to come in here." He retorted. "You have to tell them who did this."

"No."

"Luke, I-" he shook his head.
"I already told them." He let out a shaky breath and I looked at him in disbelief.

"W-what?" I spoke in a hushed voice hoping that he was lying to me. But Michael would never lie to me.

"They just need you to confirm it. That it was your mother who did this." He nodded his head at me while reaching out to grab his hands in mine.

"Don't touch me!" I shouted pulling my hands back.

"Luke can you please-"

"I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" I screamed causing him to flinch at the sudden change in volume. "Do you have any idea what you've done?" I shouted even more at the innocent lad sitting across from me.

"I just don't want you getting hurt anymore!" He cried.

"No, No!" I shouted. "They're going to take me away- away from you." I started to cry begging Michael not to let them take me. I took his hands in mine and squeezed them. "I don't care if she hits me anymore Mikey." I sobbed into my arms as they clung helplessly to him. "I just don't want them to take me again I want to stay with you! Please don't leave me."

I could hear the tough boy sniffling, trying to choke back his tears.
"I'll never leave you Luke, I love you."

Before I could say it back a man entered the room and grabbed me by the arm and escorted me out.

"No wait, wait!" I begged the man to let me go so I could tell Michael I loved him back.

"Sorry son, it's time to go." He said as he forced me to walk forward.

"Luke I'm sorry." I heard Michael's chopped up voice yell as I was being dragged down a long hallway desperately trying to turn around and run back to him.

"I love you too!" I shouted back hoping he heard me but he was gone and I was too late.

That was the last time I heard his voice.

They told me that was the last time I would see him.
-

A/n

It's taken me forever to update but aye, I've been writing this chapter the whole time.

I'm fucking crying okay.

But don't go away my precious childrenz there will be more and I'll try to post the next chapter soon!!
-Camie