07

"Sarah came out to the boat! You were supposed to keep them distracted!" John B said with a tone of annoyance, pacing his living room while Brenna sat on the couch.

"I'm sorry! My uncle needed me to do something, but you played it off though, right?" Brenna asked with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Yeah because I'm smart like that," John B praised himself, earning a playful eye roll from Brenna.

"I'm going to pick up the rest of the gang if you wanna come?" John B asked as he collected a few things from around the room.

"Sure, but could stop by my place so I can change?" Brenna said lifting herself up off the couch, the dress was comfortable but not treasure hunting material.

The Twisted Mango was a five minute walk away from John B's so whenever Brenna got bored at the shop she would walk to his place to hang out.

The teen boy and girl made their way out to the dock, Brenna jumped onto the boat, John B taking his place at the wheel as she sat at the back of the boat.

John B started up the HMS Pogue and started down the marsh towards where JJ and Pope would be. The two boys had been working for Pope's dad all day.

"Lookin good, Ren!" JJ cheered as he hopped in the boat, Pope right behind him.

"Thanks," Brenna smiled looking down at the dress, thinking about her mom.

"She coming with?" Pope asked John B as he stood beside the driver seat.

"Yes sir, she completed her mission," John B smiled looking back at Brenna sending her a wink, Brenna nodded with a smile.

John B had decided to not tell the rest of the group that Sarah had caught him.

"Hey, what can I say? I'm good at being a distraction," Brenna laughed, cupping her boobs and playfully pushing them up.

"I say we keep her," JJ responded as he basically drooled over the brunette girl.

"Horn dog," Pope said under his breath as he came to sit beside Brenna, earning a small laugh from her.

"If you can keep it in your pants," Kiara laughed slightly over hearing the conversation as John B pulled up to her dock, "I say we keep her," she looked at Brenna with a smile.

"I am right here, y'all," Brenna laughed as Kiara joined her on the stern of the boat, sitting beside her.

"I like the dress," Kiara slightly laughed.

"Thank you, had to impress the royals," Brenna said pretending to be british and standing up to curtsy as John B moved slowly up to the dock that belonged to the Carlson's.

"Are you not coming with?" Kiara asked, kind of sad, she wanted to hang out with the brunette.

"I am, I'm just going to go change quick," Brenna explained as she lifted herself onto the wooden dock. Making Kiara smile again, and happy that she was going to be apart of this journey, also happy the boys hadn't scared her away yet.

John B had given Brenna a run down of what was happening with the pogues on their boat ride to get everyone. He had even confided in her about his dad, it was easy for him to talk to her because she didn't know him like the pogues did.