Chapter 1

^Abella^

^Abella^

At the age of 18, Abella was struggling. She had no guidance whatsoever, but an adventurous mind. She wanted the freedom of exploring life on her own, falling and learning.
A few months after her 18th birthday, she finally decided to leave the life she knows behind and venture out on her own where she knows the possibilities were limitless. With money earned while working at a bakery, she left her home and life behind.

•••

Arabella arrived at the small town in the late afternoon. She knew no one, hence, she decided to stay in a motel. As she sat on the bed after her shower, her mind was busy. She thought about what she was going to do next. It was decided that on the next few days, she would search for a job and then look for a place of her own. The rest will be decided when she's at a more stable pace in life.
She ended the night doing her favorite thing, reading. She read about the Mafia King who changed his life and ways for the woman he loved. Abella fell asleep dreaming of the love she read about and again hoped in her heart that one day she'd be fortunate enough to give and receive such love but most importantly she hoped that she can open her heart and mind to such.

●●●

The following day, Abella went in search of a job. She looked for several hours, until, by some luck she was offered one as a waitress at a diner called 'Heaven 22.' She ought to start work on the next day. Abella walked around the little town exploring. She found a beautiful book store which she was sure she'd spend a lot of time in, a few food shops and bakery where she treated herself to a chocolate donut.
As she sat outside, passersby waved and some even stopped to introduce themselves. She thought to herself that they were very nice and she hoped that she would make a few real friends. She enjoyed the light wind that passed and the lovely smell of flowers from the nearby plant shop as she watched the villagers go about their day and the children playing.
After a while, she felt as if someone was staring at her. When she looked around, she saw in the distance, a few guys staring at her. Although she felt self conscious, Abella couldn't help but stare at one guy in particular. Even from afar she thought he was the most beautiful person ever. As she stared at him, he stared back with blank eyes. He then turned and they all they left as Abella just sat there thinking of the guy she saw. She knew deep down that that was someone that would not leave her mind.

●●●
Arabella decided to visit the book store on her way back to the motel so she could get a few books to keep her occupied when she wasn't at work.

The book store was fairly empty when she entered

The book store was fairly empty when she entered. In front of the register sat a man with salt and pepper hair. He had fine wrinkles by his eyes and mouth. He smiled and greeted her whilst she looked around. Arabella looked around the book store which was small but very homey. There were a few couches where one could sit and read. A few plants decorated the area but majority of it were filled with books. The scent of fresh new books surrounded Arabella and she loved nothing more than that. She found a few romance novels and then she was on her way to the motel.

●●●
She did her normal evening routine and then perched herself on the bed to read one of her new novel that she bought. A few chapters into the book and Arabella had fallen asleep; tired from her day out.