Part 1 - Ryan

Ryan

"You're not on the list." Said the bouncer, I raised a brow as Zach turns to me with his oh so classic smirk. I roll my eyes at him, and his grin turns wider.

"Need some help, baby?"

"Choke on a cock." I hissed, I turned back to the bouncer, with two fingers I signal him to come closer.

"Check the list for Princess Scarlet." I whispered, with cheeks now burning hot pink. In my head I was thinking of the many curse words I would yell at to Robbie, the bouncer turns to me with a smile painted across his face, he goes through the list and with a wide eyed gaze he lifts the red velvet barrier.

"Welcome to Phoenix Nest, the Madam is waiting for you in the VIP lounge." Whatever anger I harboured for Robbie turned to dust at the thought of him still using his nickname, whom the bouncer calls the 'Madam'. What used to be a nickname was now utilised to signify superiority, and what used to be an inside joke is now turned into a nightclub. I turn to Zach who still has that god forsaken grin painted on his face, I walk in as he extends an arm.

"You just love keeping your man waiting on you don't you?" He says, I smirk in reply.

"My man? Is that what you're calling yourself now?" He turns to me as he pouts, and puts a hand to his chest.

"Ouch, that one hurt...at least I didn't have to flirt with the bouncer to get in." I punch his arm, and he chuckles.

"Chill out, I was only teasing...Princess." I couldn't tell which dropped first, my jaw or my heart.

"If you tell a single soul about that nickname so help me I will-"

"Princess Scarlet doesn't sound as good as Princess Ryan does, the first one sounds like a disney princess. The second one is kinda hot." I punch his arm again, and he laughs louder.

"Don't worry your Highness, you'll always be my princess, or prince?" I chuckled. Zach and I have been whatever we are ever since we met in University. I've always felt strong connections with him, but I guess he's too scared to actually commit, so we flirt.

A lot.

We walked in to a doorway that had red blackout curtains but once we went through there were flashing neon lights and dancers in cages wearing wings on their backs. I was still holding Zach's arm as we walked in and we were instantly greeted by a girl dressed in what looked like lace robes lined with feathers on the cuffs and embroidered wings on her back.

Zach obviously couldn't stop staring. I nudged him and he snapped back to me, smiling. I rolled my eyes in reply as I turned back to the girl.

"Welcome to Phoenix Nest, my name is Liza. Follow me to the VIP lounge."

We follow her careening through dark purple hallways and flaming red pillars, lined with the markings of golden feathers. Liza led us to an open space, it looked more like a huge amphitheatre but the dance floor took half of it, and at the other end was a huge conservatory, UV lights were spread throughout, making Zach's white t-shirt and white shoes glow blue hues, she walked us over to the conservatory. Its exterior was painted red and the glasses were tinted so i could barely make out where Robbie, Alex and Shay's silhouettes who look like they were arguing over something again.

On the door was an emblem of a phoenix flapping its wings in a circle, it had Intricate gold flecks and its eyes were shining bright blue it looked as if it was emanating some sort of aura, I turned to Zach to see how he would react but he looked unsurprised, he always had this unbothered swagger when it came to things like this.