Chapter Thirty-Two - Cheers For A New Year

Freshly fallen snow coated the backyard of the Potter-Malfoy home all too beautifully, the big family almost didn't want to have to shovel it out of the way, but alas, when you have over thirty people for dinner, you can't exactly cram each and every one of them to the confines of the dining room. They had to resort to outdoor dining which pushed through like a breeze all thanks to Molly and Arthur's knowledge of climate control charms and soundproofing spells.

It was similar to the magic used during Bill and Fleur's wedding by The Burrow. A tent was pitched throughout the garden and was regulated to maintain the heating system from the house, soundproofing spells to avoid any breakage of the secrecy statutes, and an additional anti-combustion charm should there be any fireworks lit within the tent premises.

The climate control charms were easy enough to pull off, and it was proven even easier to maintain when they connected the tent to the house by just leaving the sliding glass doors open. It was mostly just the adults that were on-premises, cooking up the last touches for their family meal, setting up the many tables in the garden, and setting up more spells and charms to bewitch self-serving utensils to avoid another mince pie mishap of 2006.

 It was mostly just the adults that were on-premises, cooking up the last touches for their family meal, setting up the many tables in the garden, and setting up more spells and charms to bewitch self-serving utensils to avoid another mince pie mi...

"Oh, we've got another one, mum!" Minerva caught the postcard dropped by the Weasley-Johnson family owl. Emily looked up from the bowl of whipped cream and beamed at the glowing picture of George's family. He and Angelina wore matching burgundy Weasley sweaters with their respective initials while their daughters Molly Emilia and Esmerelda wore matching burgundy cardigans of the same effect. "Right, they're celebrating with Angelina's side of the family. Thank merlin those girls take on after their mother – go ahead and post that one with the others, Minnie darling."

Fred guffawed, clearly insulted. "Um, excuse me?"

Minnie and James stifled a laugh, the pair going on to admire the collection of holiday cards from various families such as the Zabinis, the Greengrass-Beaumonts, and now George's family.

Draco looked blankly at Fred, his face thinly veiled with glee. "She said she's glad that Lia and Elda take after their mum. I second that notion, actually, the world would suffer if there were more people that looked like George. Did you not hear Em right? I know a brilliant ENT that could take a look for you." He said, slowly breaking into a smile, unable to hold onto the joke any longer.