4. Seek the Truth

Demeter appeared to almost float as she walked. The power she possessed did not cause fear to those that she passed, it wasn't like when Artemis went on a hunt or when Athena walked in full armour. It was quiet and poised, it trailed behind her like the train of her dress. She was fertility and the harvest, those that saw her were enamoured by her beauty and strength that was so evident in her body from all the years of farming. This was why no one wanted to be the subject of her wrath because she was not afraid to deal with problems herself.

Demeter was beginning to boil over though as she stormed into Bucky's office and stared at him until he finished typing and looked up with a beaming smile, enough to brighten almost anyone's day...almost.

"Good morn-"

"Have you seen Steve, Apollo?" Bucky rolled his eyes as she said his name and in the back of his mind cursed Steve for leaving before his mother had gone to work. Dumbass.

"I sent him to the mortal world."

"You what?!" Demeter, ever protective of her golden child, if only she knew, Bucky thought. If only she knew how much of a pain in the ass he really was. That punk owes me for lying to his own damn mother.

"I needed some things, you know like those puddings that the bakers just can't get quite right here in Olympus," he looked off into the distance as he thought about the baked goods of the mortal world and swore, he would make Steve buy him a whole bakery for lying to Demeter. "I, of course can't go down there willy nilly so he offered to go for me this morning, he wanted to get in before the rush. Surely you know how it is Demi."

Demeter caught her tongue between her lips, pursed and poise, Bucky knew she wouldn't, couldn't, be mad at him. She wouldn't want it going back to his father that she tried to bite off the sun god's head.

"Well, when you see him," she spun on her heel, her train flying around her as she did, "tell him to come see me. We've business to attend to."

"You have my word." He bowed his head but made no move to stand as she waited for him to get the door until huffing and walking out on her own. "That's where they got the term helicopter mum from." Bucky mumbled under his breath with a shake of his head and then let out a deep sigh and dropped his head to his desk. More mess to clean up.

Hermes had torn his room apart when Bucky walked in

Hermes had torn his room apart when Bucky walked in. Clothes were thrown across the room and hung-over lamps and shelves. His bed had been flipped and his wardrobe was practically empty. And yet he kept pulling it apart, searching in every nook and cranny he could find but to no avail. He started freaking out about an hour ago and all hope was lost, and colour drained from his face when he heard the door open and shut behind him.

"What the fuck happened here?"

Hermes let a very high-pitched yelp and dived beneath one of the piles of clothes, "I'M SORRY I'LL FIND THEM I SWEAR!" He yelled.