Chapter 17

Ignoring the pain in my thigh and knuckles I sped towards the safe house, not caring that I was going way over speed limit and that blood was staining the white leather seats. The ride was completely silent, me plotting a plan to get my Angel back, Al and Leo fast asleep.

A couples hours felt like days until we finally pulled up to the safe house. It was smaller than the huge mansion I grew up in but that definitely didn't mean it was small. It was three stories high and made out of grey limestone, although if I hadn't been there before I wouldn't have known as every inch of it was covered in weeds. The mansion was in the middle of no where and was surrounded by acres of unused and overgrown land. "Wake up sleeping beauties, we're here" I shouted, then shut the car door unnecessarily hard when I realised neither of them had moved, they both jumped and looked around for any possible threats "get out the car" I called, already at the large oak doors.

I had already found the medical bag and was halfway through cleaning the small wound on my thigh when the boys finally dragged themselves in "that looks pretty bad, you ok?" Al asked, his eyes holding worry "I'm fine, you should be worrying about yourself" I said as I finished wrapping up my leg "yeah, yeah I know I'm more injured but can you please just treat your knuckles before helping me?" Al asked, worry still lacing his voice. I rolled my eyes but did as he asked, knowing he wouldn't let me help him until I helped myself. Sometimes his selflessness got on my nerves, he needs way more help than me but he's acting as if I'm the one who was put in a cell and beaten up all night.

"Alright, knuckles are cleaned and wrapped, now will you let me help you?" I asked Al, who slumped in a chair opposite me, Leo had gone to make some food, cooking was more his thing than tending to wounds. More evidence to support the fact that Leo was not cut out for the Mafia is that he hates the sight of blood. "Yeah, ok" Al mumbled after looking at my hand just to make sure. I walked over to him and crouched in front of him. He looked awful. His bottom lip was split, one of his eyes was swollen, he had a deep gash just above his right eyebrow and both his cheeks where splatted with black, purple and blue bruises. But that was just his face. His chest was covered with bruises like his face and deep gashes decorated various areas of his torso.

"What did they do to you?" I whispered, almost scared to touch him for fear of hurt him further "it doesn't hurt as much as you think" his argument wasn't very convincing as he winced while taking in a deep breath. I treated all his cuts, luckily he didn't need any stitches, before rubbing ointment on his bruises and then made sure none of his ribs were broken, or at least made the best assumption I could without an x-ray, luckily he didn't seem to be enough pain for them to be broken. "I'll go get you shirt and try find some pain killers, you're going to have to rest for a few days" I said before running upstairs to find one of Leo's shirts and to search the medical cabinet again.

Once I had made it downstairs, shirt and a bottle of pain killers in hand, Leo had finished cooking an amazing looking lasagna and him and Al were eating it while watching Legally Blonde. "Haven't you watched this movie one too many times?" I asked, grabbing a plate of the lasagna and sitting on the sofa next to Leo "you can't watch Legally Blonde too many times" Leo replied, not taking his eyes off the television. I rolled my eyes and threw the shirt and bottle of pills at Al "take two of them every couple hours" I said as he swallowed them down with a gulp of water. I pretended to watch the film while eating the lasagna, but instead carried on trying to find a way to save Mia. My Mia.

**. **. **. **. **. **. **

I looked at the alarm clock for the hundredth time that night -2:45- I hadn't slept a wink, nightmares of what Mia might be enduring as I was laying in a warm cozy bed plagued my sleep and bit at my conscience. I shouldn't just be laying here while she's being tortured. With a loud frustrated sigh I heaved my exhausted body out of bed. I trudged down stairs and filled a glass with some ice cold water, gulping it down in a matter is seconds and filling it up once more. This isn't doing shît. Angrily I grabbed a bottle of whiskey and poured a generous amount into the now empty glass.

Taking the glass of whiskey I went into the living room, grabbed a large stack of paper and started plotting out a plan. It only took ten minutes for me to get up and grab the whole whiskey bottle and set it down on the coffee table next to the glass, which was once again empty. I had drawn out the blueprints and map of the mansion and dungeons hundreds of times, each one covered in annotations. I knew that breaking in wouldn't be that difficult, if we had the proper weapons it would a piece of cake, but that didn't stop me from planning and planning. I found the tiniest, most unimportant problems in every plan, even though I knew that these tiny problems would make no difference I still obsessed over each one.

"What are you doing Gabby?"I heard a deep voice say from behind me, I turned as I saw a tiered looking Leo in a tank top and joggers "I'm planning, Leo" I said, my tone dull and slightly slurred "how much have you drank?" Asked another deep voice, Al seemed to have crept down with Leo "I dunno, like half a bottle"
"Gabby, what are you doing to yourself?" Leo muttered, sitting down next to me "I'm trying to get my girlfriend back, Leo!" I shouted, bawling my fists up "at least I think she's my girlfriend, we never got to talk about it" I mumbled, all anger melting into sadness "Gabby, She's going to be ok" Al soothed, sitting down next to me and rubbing my back "how do you know that?" I said, my voice cracking "I-I... I love her, I love her so much and just the thought of her not making it back to me makes me want to die" tears fell down my face as I finally let it all out. "I know Gabby, I know" was all Leo said before he pulled me into him, I felt Al hug me from behind and pet my hair, just like he did when whenever I cried as a kid, I gripped onto Leos shirt for dear life as I sobbed into his chest.

It was then that I realised how much I truly needed these boys, they were my family, my real family, they were there for when I needed them most, they loved me no matter what but most of all, they were willing to risk their lives for my happiness.

They held me for a good half an hour until my sobs turned into hiccups "we'll find her, I promise" Leo said, wiping away my tears "we're here for you, Gabby, and we're not going to stop fighting and looking for Mia. Ever." Al said, using his knuckle to lift my chin so I would look him in eye "Gabessandro" he said in all seriousness, a slight smile tugged at the corner of my mouth "Gabessandro" I replied as my eyes drooped and I rested my head onto Leo's chest "c'mon, let's get you some sleep" he whispered as he picked me up bridal style and tucked me back into bed.

Exhausted from crying, I shut my eyes and let sleep take me while praying the nightmares would leave me alone.

A/n
Thank you soo much for 5k reads!!! I hope you like the chapter, I will try and upload as quickly as I can.