Chapter 25: I'm Your Nightmare

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~

Gulf was sitting with his notebook while his hand was busy playing with his pen when someone knocked on the door.

"Yes? Please come in...", Gulf answered as he straightened his sitting position.

Nurse Baifern's head peeked from the back of the door and smiled.

"It's 10 already Doctor Gulf. I'm going home. Why are you still here?"

Gulf smiled, "I'll be out soon. You may just go back first, Fern. There are some papers I need to take care of. A little more and I'll be done for the day."

Nurse Baifern nodded, "Alright then. I'll see you tomorrow, Dr. Gulf. Have a good rest for the day."

Gulf nodded back, "I'll see you tomorrow..."

Once Nurse Baifern was out of sight, Gulf sighed and opened his notebook, and wrote some questions on it. There were so so so many questions he had on his mind right now about Mew and his condition, but he knew so well that he needed to find out the answer himself because Mew wouldn't be able to answer it. So... who could help him to find the answer?

It happens in people with D.I.D. Mostly they will not remember what they did when their alter egos took control of their bodies. It would be the same case for Mew. Mew would not be able to remember what he had done once Day took control of him, or any other alter egos.

Mew mentioned that he overall had 4 alter egos. Gulf met Day and Pong already. But how about the other two? How could he trigger Mew to show his other 2 alter egos. He definitely needs to meet all 4 of them before he could make assumptions and plan how to settle the matter one by one. Gulf sighed again. Perhaps he should start with Day first.

There would definitely be a reason why people have D.I.D. The same goes for Mew. There would be a root cause in Mew's case on why he has those 4 alter egos. Usually, alter egos surfaced as shields to protect the main character due to a bad past. What bad past could Mew possibly have? With Gulf's experiences, he seldom saw any bad alter egos, so he believes that Day was there for a good reason, perhaps to protect Mew from something. But from what Mew had told him about Day, he could feel there was this resentment Mew felt towards this Day character. However, Gulf also could take a hint that there was something deeper than this that made Mew unconsciously doesn't want to let go of this character. What was it? Was Day a shadow from Mew's past? Someone he actually knew or interact with?

Mew informed Gulf that he needs to hurt himself in order to let Day out and control his body. But then, how did Mew went back to his normal state? Mew couldn't answer that since he has no recollection whatsoever every time he woke up and went back to his normal state. What would trigger Day to let go and returned Mew back to his normal state? That's also a question Gulf needs to find out.

Once Gulf has finished writing on his notebook, he closed it and wiped his face in frustration.

"How did I drag myself into this mess for Godsake's..."